šŸ”¶ Beyerdynamic TYGR 300 R

Dekoni can easily outlast the pads from Beyerdynamicā€¦ its just that they are much thicker overall so the comfort changesā€¦ itll also slightly alter the sound. If your goal though is to keep your ears off those drivers, then yeah absolutely go with the dekoni.

2 Likes

@Falenkor Been thinking of that for my DT880/600. Dekoni Suedes, correct?

I mean, if you want warm and darker sounding sure lol.

1 Like

Heh, heh! I wondered if they might do that. I do love the stock sound and detail I am getting now and can add a little bass with the Loki when needed. Just thinking of what to use for eventual replacement and have seen comments about the suedes. Iā€™d appreciate any ideas you have. Thanks

Gosh, Iā€™ve loved the feel of Brainwavz Suedes ā€” I look forward to trying Dekoni suedes when I have the need and the price is right.

Personally speaking? Favorite pad hands down for the beyer is those suedes from dekoni. The brainwavz areā€¦ alright for the most part but just arenā€™t quiteā€¦ thereā€¦ they donā€™t have that superb comfortable quality like feel of normal suede but these? the only better suede I had in house was of course likeā€¦ audeze vegan and ZMF but those cost a fortune.

can always do what I did, get them second hand like mintā€¦ can get them at likeā€¦ $25 - $35 ish range.

as long as your okay with the signature it will provide your okayā€¦ its quite differentā€¦ much like if you ordered a hybrid or somethingā€¦ its going to rather drastically change things up

1 Like

@Falenkor So another, very different signature from the 880. I may have to try that! I have very little pad swap experience so thanks for the info.

pretty muchā€¦ if you were wanting stock sound you should just keep it velour or a perforated type pad

1 Like

TYGR teardown for anyone interested

also Oratory graphs and EQ

1 Like

Hi there,

I said i would make my review of the tygr 300 r and now i do.

I purchased :

• beyerdynamic tygr 300 r + ifi zen dac v2
  • audeze penrose
  • sennheiser pc 38x
  • sennheiser hd 6xx

Tygr 300 R :

• 1st thing to say about needing an amp/dac or not : everything i used on delivered enough to power them (but nearing the maximum level for tha tab s3 and ps5), that means ps5, macbook pro m1, gamer laptop asus rog g551), samsung tab s3, ipad air 4 (using an apple-like dac) BUT it scales a little bit better with the ifi zen dac v2 and a lot better on ps5 ; and i used the zen dac half the volume.
  • Movies : waouw ! There is this Ā« waouw Ā» effect that i love, itā€™s plenty of details, great base (but not too much), very immersive. BUT the imaging is not as precise as i thought it would be, 20% of the time i cannot pinpoint the precise origin of the sound. The pc 38x has greater imaging, and the penrose is even better (you can hear the things that fly over your head, and precisely).
  • Games (solo games on ps5 and overwatch on pc) : same as movies ! The penrose here is Ā« laser pinpoint Ā» as you can also guess the distance of the opponents.
  • Music : there is some magic in these headphones ! In some songs you can hear sounds coming from everywhere !! The soundstage is great. BUT i realized i prefer the intimacy and transparency of the HD6XX over the large soundstage and theatre like sound of the Tygr.

Conclusion : the Tygr is fun, a lot of details, great base, great soundstage ; but i am disappointed by its imaging in games and movies.
Unfortunately, the pc 38x lacks some verticality in imaging and details in music/games/movies ; and the penrose lacks base (not a big deal in Overwatch, but in solo games itā€™s much less immersive from my point of view).

Do you know something that gathers the whole package ? Laser imaging (around, above and below), correct soundstage, correct base ( Tygr like, pc 38x like,ā€¦)

Thanks

1 Like

What should the difference between the Tygr and AD900X sound like?

I already have the Tygr but today I saw the AD900X for $65 and was too tempted to let it pass. Should be arriving early next week.

much more mids and highs focus, 900 will sound more open due to much less dampening, definitely lighter clamp on the headband, much less bass on the 900 compared to tygrs, 900 doesnā€™t image as accurately as tygr, 900 may have some slight separation issues.

Thank you. So probably wonā€™t be my gaming choice. What kind of music would that be good for? Female vocals?

Female vocals are good, male vocals ehh depends on the person singingā€¦ if they are more thunderous and boomy vocals then not so great but if your listening to something likeā€¦ idk Journey just off the top of my head it would be fairly nice. Orchestra is always nice on those kinds of headphones since most the instrumental and chorus is within mids and highs. They are nice headphones, just cheap. I was quite a fan of the AD2000x which is a cut above that 900. Though if I am going for vocalsā€¦ I will probably swing to something like Focal, Sennheiser, and maybe Hifiman

Thank you. So it looks like Iā€™ll probably be keeping the Tygrs and selling these on unless a family member or friend wants them. Once Iā€™m done testing the 900, is there any sense in testing the 700 and 500 separately?

same headphone line, almost identical in signatureā€¦ 900 is ā€œbetterā€ than the previous two and then comes 2000x. wouldnā€™t hurt to give it a listen, never know you may like it

1 Like

So I recently bought the 300r and I never had an audiophile" headphone before. Iā€™m usually a out of the box headphone user.
I just use the 3.5mm port and the audio coming out of it is really quiet and odd. Idk if I maybe should buy a DAC or something. im kinda on a budget.
Motherboard is Gigabyte A320M-S2H-CF

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Not enough power then if your maxing volume to 100% and it sounds quiet. Will need a small amp/dac unit.

Do you have any recommendations on which cheap one I should get?

@Redix There is a new thread here about the ifi uno that you may want to check out.
:large_blue_diamond: iFi Uno - Equipment / Electronics / Gear / Accessories / [Official] DACs - HifiGuides Forums