šŸ”¶ Beyerdynamic TYGR 300 R

Seconded on the liquid spark. Donā€™t have experience on that magni but liquid spark smooths the dt 990 incredibly well. I suppose it depends on your budget in this case. 990s have a good deep bass to them and you damn sure hear the footsteps thatā€™s kind of their thing with a V signature is those two, low and high, are increased while mid is recessed

Do you think its better solution than the k5 pro? I cant get the liquid spark in europeā€¦i Wish i couldā€¦

you should be able to get the Monolith Liquid Spark Headphone Amplifier - by Alex Cavalli from amazon if anything. They are around the $100 mark and cheaper from the looks of it on my end. I donā€™t have an opinion on the k5 pro so I canā€™t say for sure. Will say the spark and the magni are the too most popular and probably the best bets in this particular case.

I would personally say that getting a solid amp then a solid dac down the line is worthwhile. I know schiit has an eu store so perhaps see if you can grab a magni 3+

@Falenkor @M0N thanks guys iā€™ll see the magni 3+ options at schiit website but stocks are a bit dead right nowā€¦

Look for a used Lake People G103-S? Or can you get an archel 2.5 pro over there?

I think i coud get the lĆ­quid Spark from amazon UKā€¦ If they get stockā€¦
What do you guys think of topping dx3ā€¦ Very expensive though

The dx3 pro is nice, but imo a bit lacking amp wise, but would most likely get the job done, but I would actually prefer the k5 pro in this case

You just save me ā‚¬50ā€¦ :smiley:
I can get the k5 pro for ā‚¬170

Thers any smsl amp/dac combo in sub 200 budget thats worth check?
Smsl is fairly easy to get on Amazonā€¦

Smsl makes some solid dacs imo, but Iā€™ve personally not been impressed by their headphone amps. Can you get a topping a50? The a30 is also ok but more on par with the k5 pro with the k5 pro perhaps being a bit better amp

Yes, i can get a topping a50ā€¦ is just an amp right? Better then k5 pro?

It is indeed only an amp. I think with a 600 ohm it will perform better as an amp, how much is it?

Its ā‚¬165ā€¦

Hmmm, that would be pretty nice, and down the line, you can grab a nice dac for it as well, that would be more flexible than the k5 pro. One thing of note though is that the topping amps have high output impedance, so you would want to only use it with cans of around 80 ohms and up, the k5 pro you wouldnā€™t have to worry about that since itā€™s got a low output impedance

Topping D10 says the peanut gallery(me lol) who barily knows jack about seperate amps and dacs right now.

Most of the current topping and smsl dacs are pretty dang solid for the price, itā€™s hard to actually go wrong with the options from them for current dac imo. But system synergy is something to consider ofc

If we need a cheap dac though theeizu hd pro on ali can be found for like $25 and is pretty damn decent for the price

Hey, @M0N Iā€™m about to pull the trigger on the TYGR 300 for 140 euros to replace my DT770. I seriously considered the X2HR but it seems the touted huge bass is sloppy and not very accurate and the higher frequencies are messy. Would you say the TYGR is the best option for my use case or are there better options? How fast/accurate is the bass response?

They will be used for immersive single player pc-gaming and casual music listening. Analytical music listening will go through my studio monitors so the headphones are allowed to be ā€˜funā€™ rather than accurate, although not completely off - there is a reason why Iā€™m on hifiguides after all. I love it when the mix allows the bass flavour to shine through, so a decent bass accuracy and extension is preferred combined with a large soundstage (This is the main reason for going open back other than comfort and the wife factor). This also plays into the ā€˜funā€™ factor: A game with amazing sound design, such as Elite Dangerous (Is there a better sound design out there?), utilizes the whole spectrum of frequencies well (Low end especially) and I care more about that than the pinpoint accuracy that competitive gamers want.

I really love the sound and comfort of Beyerdynamics. I loved both my DT150 and DT770 for many years. I have heard the DT990 in a test setup and loved the accuracy but I do not know if the treble would bother me over time for casual use.

As it stands, my desktop setup consists of an ancient Prodigy Cube as a DAC and a FiiO E11K - Kilimanjaro 2. This should work fine for the 32 ohm TYGR, right? Iā€™m looking into upgrading with something from Schiit or JDS Labs down the line.

From Beyerdynamic support: ā€œAs far as difference in sound goes, the sound profile in the TYGR 300 R has been adjusted for gaming, yet due to the same build as DT990, it pretty much doesnā€™t differ too much. The DT990 Edition also has a lesser appliance pressure than the DT990 Pro for instance and therefore should be a good alternative, if you want an open build headphone.ā€

@M0N What are your thoughts on this statement?