šŸ”¶ Beyerdynamic TYGR 300 R

You could use a service like mygermany.com to forward any package from a German address. Iā€™m considering that myself.

1 Like

@Falenkor did your cans arrived? Have you tested them?

They are currently stuck in ā€œbackorder hellā€ and havenā€™t shippedā€¦ I have since reached out to the company and was emailed back stating that they do not know when it will be in stock. I switched to Adorama who stated they should have some in a day or so and it should ship monday or tuesday. When I get the headphones I will be glad to review them as I have very high hopes for them since similar to the dt 990s, one of my all time favorite for competitive and very particular music genres.

@Falenkor yes, please bring that review. Iā€™m very curious too. I have my new setup on hold because thers no stock of modmics at Amazonā€¦
I saw you recomended a custom One pro plus to someone on other topic. I realy like the design of thoose cansā€¦ IYO how much they difer to the dt990?

My personal experience with the custom one pro plus is fairly generic and I put them inside the ā€œgamer headsetā€ genre. The sound I got using them was fairly compressed and I was unable to test with my amp/dac setup to see if it fixed this due to the company not providing the pop on adapter for this headphone, all of my adapters are screw on. It generally was a tighter snug fit and the bass boost was decently nice and opened up fairly well. Wasnā€™t uncomfortable for me to wear however, I did not like the mic and it reminded me more of a lavalier albeit rather kinda crappy, it was even picking up my keyboard strokes a bit though my keyboard is slightly clickity. I normally recommend it as a cheap customizable ampless go to for gamers as it is a nice pair for the $100 rangeā€¦ however there is definitely better optionsā€¦ the dt 990 is a completely different sounding headphone and has a strong emphasis on lows, bass and highs or treble so much so its seen as really sharp and to quite the many amount of people uncomfortable for this reason, for that reason I try to recommend the 600 ohm with a amp that helps that treble i.e. liquid spark. Personally I donā€™t like the dt990 for casual play but its phenomenal in competitiveā€¦ 880 would be better imo than a 990 for casual but I prefer my 58x over that just due to extra colorations and the like it has more body and less treble.

Yeah, iā€™m looking for good clear quality sound and i wanna ear those footstepsā€¦ I enjoy bass but not that much, i mean i wanna ear that some explosion sound like a real explosionā€¦
Also, i get this question on my headā€¦ i have a MB ASUS Maximus hero X and i was wondering if i can run an amp from that MB or do i need an DAC? I probably go for dt990 600ohm + Fiio k5 pro but if i dont need the dac i can use the k5 pro money to get a good ampā€¦ what do you think?

Yes, you can use the line out on the motherboard and run that to an amp just fine

I think if you are going with the 990 600 ohm I like the magni 3+ for a bit more neutral or the liquid spark if you wanted something a bit warmer thicker and more relaxed

Seconded on the liquid spark. Donā€™t have experience on that magni but liquid spark smooths the dt 990 incredibly well. I suppose it depends on your budget in this case. 990s have a good deep bass to them and you damn sure hear the footsteps thatā€™s kind of their thing with a V signature is those two, low and high, are increased while mid is recessed

Do you think its better solution than the k5 pro? I cant get the liquid spark in europeā€¦i Wish i couldā€¦

you should be able to get the Monolith Liquid Spark Headphone Amplifier - by Alex Cavalli from amazon if anything. They are around the $100 mark and cheaper from the looks of it on my end. I donā€™t have an opinion on the k5 pro so I canā€™t say for sure. Will say the spark and the magni are the too most popular and probably the best bets in this particular case.

I would personally say that getting a solid amp then a solid dac down the line is worthwhile. I know schiit has an eu store so perhaps see if you can grab a magni 3+

@Falenkor @M0N thanks guys iā€™ll see the magni 3+ options at schiit website but stocks are a bit dead right nowā€¦

Look for a used Lake People G103-S? Or can you get an archel 2.5 pro over there?

I think i coud get the lĆ­quid Spark from amazon UKā€¦ If they get stockā€¦
What do you guys think of topping dx3ā€¦ Very expensive though

The dx3 pro is nice, but imo a bit lacking amp wise, but would most likely get the job done, but I would actually prefer the k5 pro in this case

You just save me ā‚¬50ā€¦ :smiley:
I can get the k5 pro for ā‚¬170

Thers any smsl amp/dac combo in sub 200 budget thats worth check?
Smsl is fairly easy to get on Amazonā€¦

Smsl makes some solid dacs imo, but Iā€™ve personally not been impressed by their headphone amps. Can you get a topping a50? The a30 is also ok but more on par with the k5 pro with the k5 pro perhaps being a bit better amp

Yes, i can get a topping a50ā€¦ is just an amp right? Better then k5 pro?

It is indeed only an amp. I think with a 600 ohm it will perform better as an amp, how much is it?