🔶 Beyerdynamic TYGR 300 R

It’s @AFK pretty sure

hmm last post was last october… he hasnt been around for a while. I suppose it won’t hurt to message him… I would message but I am switching to dt 1990s soon lol

I’m in dialog with Beyerdynamic support and they’re telling me that the 300 R is the same as DT 990, is this actually the case or are they just tired of me asking about the availability of the headset unbundled?

it is a dt990 32 ohm tuned slightly different.

you can buy just the headphones from beyer directly. scoll up a healthy chunck and theres a link for it, 179$ standalone.

edit: heres from website

edit2: 32 ohm comes with xtra dt990 pads.

2 Likes

They don’t sell to my country so I can’t. And I was pretty sure it was tuned different, based on fellow sibilance hater BadSeetTech, he also mentioned it having a lighter clamping force than the 990, so that’s might be the case also.

Is it really? that’s some helpful insight thanks joshua. Still waiting on my copy. I loved the dt990 now looking forward to auditioning this a bit more.

1 Like

Called it lol. Sounded that way to me as well

1 Like

Does it actually sound good though M0N? 32 ohm dt 990s dont sound very good lol. How does it compare to the others

Yeah I like them a fair bit, it’s a well done tuning. It’s def not just a 32 ohm 990

Ehhhhhhh… Since that is the case, I’m probably just gonna pass, as I don’t have a problem with my 250 oHm 990 Pros. Unless they are genuinely that different.

They are pretty different. But I think if you already have the 990 250 ohm and you like them and a solid amp, I don’t know if I would suggest changing to the tygr unless you wanted a change in signature and a bit of a change in presentation

Would these be a nice sidegrade/upgrade to my hd58x? I mainly use them for FPS gaming. Music wise EDM and rock.

I think this would be an upgrade in terms of soundstage and imaging and a sidegrade in terms of signature. I think they work well for fps games, and solid for edm. For rock it would depend if you want a more aggressive sound or a more relaxed sound

I’d probably prefer a more aggressive sound but as long as the soundstage and imaging are a upgrade for gaming I think I might give these a shot. Any idea on how they compare comfort wise?

I think it is more aggressive than the 58x for you, but not as aggressive as like a 990 or 1990, but I think you would be fine here

I actually kinda think they are both pretty great, comfort is really solid

How’s the clamping force? I love my hd58x’s generally but it took me awhile to keep bending the metal bands to get them at the right level, out of the box they were kinda skull crushing for me lol. Thanks for the information by the way M0N you’ve always responded and helped me with my questions on here, I appreciate it!

With looking at other headphones, like the 58X, I dont think I will be bothered by skipping over this.

Good but not overdone, just right for me, less intense than the 58x for sure

By all accounts, they sound way better then the base 32 ohm 990’s. minor tuning changes can have big impacts

edit: they are also built better by accounts, like should last a lifetime type build quality

I’m really tempted to just get them with the microphone bundle now reading about them here.