šŸ”¶ Beyerdynamic TYGR 300 R

This headphone is sold out everywhere. even the bundle. only a few placed have it. I cant even find any used either. i got a bad feeling when they get more in the price is gonna rise. they already raised it to 200$

The link I posted has 10 left in the bundle but itā€™s US only, not sure where you are located. The price did jump from 180 to 200 already right after DMSā€™s review. I doubt it will go up higher than that?

1 Like

200 is the original msrp. when dms dropped his review it was on sale at $180

probably wont officially the oonly price hikes you will see is when they start getting widely distributed due to increased production hopefully due to the good press. and the merchants will be the ones doing the price hikes themselves due to supply and demand.

They removed the stand alone version from the official website. They now offer the bundle at a discount think its sold alot

Their available for sale again! got a pair woot!

2 Likes

Sounds great, now if only they could ship them outā€¦ They were supposed to ship them last week. Still waiting on my own shipping confirmation email.

1 Like

Pretty sure my copy of these shipped out today? got an invoice saying shipped but no tracking number which is weird. Hopefully itll be in soon enough.

I got the invoice email too, hopefully these donā€™t get stuck in shipment hell now lol.

1 Like

Yeah no kidding, getting packages has been all over the place of lateā€¦

1 Like

Well since I have an account with UPS they sent me a email today saying I have a shipment expected to arrive tomorrow from beyerdynamic inc. So hopefully youā€™ll be getting yours soon too! Iā€™m excited to try out my first beyerdynamics.

I ordered mine 3 days ago and i guess they still havnt shipped. i sent a email to them today

I ordered mine may 15th so thereā€™s a bit of a wait time. If you look at their page now it says expected delivery time is 3 to 4 weeks.

1 Like

I really wish they would have sent a tracking number. Packages get lost out by me so that is a bit troublesome for me. Received no email outside of that invoice but I donā€™t have an account for ups. I think we received our invoice on the same day so I would assume they would show up around the same period of time. I have heard several compare this to the DT 1990s so color me very interested. DT 1990s are a gamers dream headphone if this is like them it would be nothing short of incredible for gamers.

Not sure how I feel about it yet but then again I have tried almost their entire lineup of headphones now. Tygr is supposed be a warm headphone which is not your usual Beyer house sound.

just got mine in today! woohoo. so far out of the box clamp is essentially the same as my old dt 990 250 ohm SUPER soft plush pads and an open back design reminiscent of the dt 880 but fully open. First sounds are most DEFINITELY warm and nowhere near as bright as a dt 990

4 Likes

just looked at the site and theyā€™re sold out again.

looking forward to seeing your review, now that you have them @Falenkor

What was your overall wait time again?

I ended up having to wait for quite literally a month and 1 week before I got them.

it will be a bit. I will say so far I donā€™t recommend the liquid spark with them as it makes it sound a tad bit muffled or rather a little darker actually. Not a good pairing. Sounds better on the magni 3+ I am borrowing as well as the asgard 3. Liquid spark I have to crank to around half to get a proper volume loud enough to where my pc only needs to be at 50% before itā€™s considered ā€œloudā€ and itā€™s not responding the greatest to my equalizer at the moment. Will test more as I burn it in.

Edit: I will chime in my thoughts on this sometime tomorrow afternoon as I have to pull an all-nighter tonight anyway so I will be using these all night or a little over 24 hours. I will leave another note as I will say probably tomorrow that this headphone isnā€™t the greatest on my liquid platinum it doesnā€™t seem to respond the greatest to higher tier setups or maybe itā€™s just the tubes. Not quite sure. Responds very well to warmer sounding amps though like the magni 3+ so that is probably what I will base my review using for that budget friendlier setup review.

3 Likes

I bought mine a couple of weeks ago as a bundle since i didnt want to deal with the wait times. I have to say that I am really enjoying the Tygr.

They are warm and non fatiguing to me total opposite of the DT1990. I couldnt wear them for too long too fatiguing for me.

Iā€™m running the Tygrs on a Aune X8 Dac an X7s and a LYR 3 with a tung-sol. I prefer them on the LYR 3 which gives it more sound stage and more bass.

I also have the DT880 Pro 600 ohm which is good as well but I think im in my honeymoon phase still so for the time being the TYGRs are my go to cans.

Too bad I sold my LSpark iā€™m curious now to see how they react on the spark.

So how many care bears have you killed?