šŸ”¶ Beyerdynamic TYGR 300 R

few things here. One look into changing to dekoni elite velour as a possibility, Two pop the pads plastic disc off and put a piece of 4-ply toilet paper that you seperated into pieces and cut into properly sized circles then put back together with the toiler paper being underneath the foam, Three use an amp that fixes that treble and reigns it in more. Magically the treble problem should be fixed like magic

Debateable, lotā€™s of people use the forum who have never tried a beyer let alone a bright headphone venture towards a dt 880 because it is said to be more towards a neutral headphone sound while still maintaining a bright signature also said to be great for competitive gaming. Everyone has very different tastes in treble.

reviewed this one, trebles fine and dialed back. Fairly balanced not very peaky.

Like I said Iā€™ve never been skeptic about the sound of you know me you will know Iā€™m the type to find the good I every headphone I donā€™t actively look for flaws I try to find where they can fit in my collection. Iā€™m not trying to find the perfect pair. I would ha e tried them by now off a friend but rona ainā€™t .along that possible.

I will also say Iā€™m skeptical about anything people say is waaay better than their price. Like you Iā€™ve tried many headphones as well and as someone who focuses a lot on budget gear Iā€™ve tried alot of products where people say it beats a lot and most of the time to my ears it ends up being false.

2 Likes

I mean, for the record I find the tygr worth more primarily due to itā€™s imaging and soundstage. I wouldnā€™t go as far to say something crazy as this is better than elex or dt 1990 though. Helios on the other hand are getting quite the amount of hate. Just looked up its frequency. That is definitely a bright treble

compare it to a 990ā€™s frequency chart they are quirte similar except the 990 has better bass extension.

Compared to the helios?

yeah the 990 has a slightly more v shaped signature though but both have the midbass and treble hump

the treble is different though the helios has more lower treble focus while the 990 is pretty neutral up tille mid to higher treble. which is what a lot of asian gear tends to do is an emphasis on the upper mids to lower treble often resulting in shouty sounding mids and treble

To emphasise female vocals a bit like the Final A8000ā€™s do.

LOL

Not enough! They still make toys for them! People are celebrating our alien brainwashers and overlords! LOL

Thatā€™s fairly interesting. Agreed on the 990s treble too. I went and placed dampeners on my dt 990 I went and picked back up. Works beautifully. Now has my dekoni elite velours on it, 3 ply toilet paper behind the foam on the driver, and a filter on itā€™s cable. Dropped that treble like a brick sounds good but I might remove the filter on the cable or the 3 ply.

This is a sound that bugs the hell out of me and what I was getting from my hifiman 400i on the mids heavy aggression very shouty to my ears. I canā€™t stand it and if I pick up a headphone with that I instantly toss it lmao just something I learned about my sound tastes. If the helios is like this whatsoever I will definitely pass on it.

Mass genocide, kill them all. Therapy be damned. lmfao

1 Like

Thank you for posting this review! I was curious how they compared to the X2HR and the DT990s. I see a lot of talk about the 880s, so itā€™s nice to see a broader range of comparisons. This review may have me buying these to replace my SuperLux HD668Bs for my gaming headset.

1 Like

In terms of bass they are very similar but tygr has more body and warmth less treble in comparison. DT 990 is just that very sparkly ethereal like high frequency itā€™s lovely but not for everyone.

Ah those superlux, those are more of a balanced detailed and natural sounding headphone, surprisingly good for their pricepoint. A step up from there that is similar, considering the pricepoint, would be the Sennheisers lineup such as those in the 500 series, and maybe the 600 or 660 S. I do believe the tygrs are absolute fantastic for their price in casual gaming just not the greatest for competitive whatsoever as they have far too much bass and not enough treble to make competitive cue cards sing appropriately like a dt880 would

What are you referring too? Most people on the Helios thread like it. most reviewers said it is a solid headphone. And remember Zeos review? And remember my words? Then reason i said i have a lot of headphones is to remind that i have some experience and judgement. trust me its a great headphone.

I didnt says it was better than an Elex i said i liked it more for its overall big sound. where the Elex might do some things better.

The treble on the dt880 and from what i heard the 990 can be painful. the treble on the Helios is not

to put this simple. The reviews on the helios are a mixed bag. love and hate to go around for it. I donā€™t find the tygrs anywhere near as fantastic as a dt 1990 or elex.

this is a subjective statement and would only be accurate to those who can stand treble.

I would say more love and puzzlement. when something new comes out a lot of people find it hard to relate. if you dont find the Tygrā€™s near as fantastic as teh 1990 or Elex maybe i should canel my order lol

All statements are subjective. theres no need to call it out. but i believe generally speaking the Helios treble is not as harsh as the dt 990

Honestly, I donā€™t think there are many headphones as bright as that oneā€¦ maybe the T90 but I havenā€™t bothered with that one for good reasons.

This is just due to my preferences personally. I prefer brighter or v shaped headphones while this has a subtle V it doesnā€™t really sound bright. also thats comparing a $200 headphone to those in the $600 range quite a different tier of sound there

also [quote=ā€œAntpage2, post:338, topic:11765ā€]
Helios treble is not as harsh as the dt 990
[/quote]

no one really says it is though . the 990 to me is special and I generally hesitate to reccomend it because the treble is so sharp . and why Im so happy the tygrā€™s exist now as the treble is tame, the width of the soundstage is wide and is easy to drive now I have a go to recc for these gamers when they are looking for a headphone that is good for gaming that is a clear upgrade to their headsets. him not finding they are not nearly as fantastic as those cans is his prerogative maybe they would be to you . like many not finding the helios not as good as much more expensive headphones and appropriately priced while to you its almost endgame.

1 Like

most reviewers said its solid for the price.

I mean, probably because I am spoiled. I blame you? lol. Started with the dt 990 from beyer as my first beyer so brightness is what I come to expect from them and as someone who owns the DT 1990 and T1 already alongside a dt 990 and a fidelio x2 hr itā€™s hard to for me to justify whether to keep it in my collection. If anything I will sell the Fidelios as I feel these replace those on my wall just makes me feel a little biased for beyers lmao. Gonna have to agree I try to steer people away from dt 990 due to that treble or try to help them tame it down as I know how to do so now after studying more into it. Absolute fantastic and a special headphone for my collection very airy and ethereal I love it and have no other headphone like it but good lord can I see that treble being so sharp it will cause someone an instant headache lol. The only one I found Sibilant to the point it pissed me off so far was the Amiron Home. I love Amiron I find it a fantastic headphone but it has a horrid S sound sibilance to it that I could never resolve despite not being as bright as a dt 990 changing off the pads was a nightmare for it and it just isnā€™t very good due to the glaring issues imo.