đŸ”¶ Beyerdynamic TYGR 300 R

Its not about sound quality. I am not looking from a music purist or audiophile perspective. The mmx300 1st gen was a dt770 32 retuned, and it sound really good. I am just curious if someone have used them and can compare to the dt880 or dt990.

The dt990 pro was not as tight as the dt990 600 ohm, but the loose bass make them fun! I am going to buy the dt990 600 ohm again.

Current gear:

2 Likes

nice
I love my beyers as well Im probbaly gonna look into upgrading to the 1990 or amiron homes at some point

1 Like

I had both.
The dt1990 is amazing! clear, fast and detail! The only problem I found was the presentation. It was to aggressive. It is the only beyer that have fatigue me after 3h of use. If it does not bother you, get them. With the A-pads they sound like a dt880 600 ohm. With the B-pads they sound like a T1.2nd, but closed and in your face. I bought them 2 times, the first time (I didnt have the t1) I bought them used from amazon warehouse, I was skeptical, I sold them and decide to buy them brand new after testing other headphones. The second time, I had the t1.2nd. I prefer the sound signature of the dt1990, bright and tight. But I can only used them in the morning to get the energy boost!. I decided to keep my t1.2nd because they have a more relaxed presentation, and the angle driver makes magic. I would say the treble in dt1990 is the more refined, the treble in dt880 600 and t1.2nd is sibilant compared to the dt1990. The dt1990 is bright not sibilant (Compared to other beyers).

I didn’t like the amiron home when I have it. I had the liquid spark at that time. The warm liquid spark and warm amiron were not a good match. They also have a treble peak. It was difficult to match volume for some reason, if you lower the volume you have this warmness and bass, they sound somewhat muffled, if you raised the volume the treble peak will kill you lol. I would say they sound close to the t1.2nd. There were on sale in buydig for 250$ a few months ago, they were worth it. I had the t1.2nd at that time, so I decide to keep my t1.2nd instead. I might buy them again to run them balanced.

did you try EQ’ing them Alfredo?

1 Like

which one? i dont like EQ :slight_smile:

interesting
3 Likes

looks like ill be buying a tygr at some point

1 Like

unfortunately , imma blame covid for this but tygrs are not available in canada without the bundle

Beyerrr Tigerrr 300rrr! Yarrr!

Stupid name for “stupid good” (really good) headphones apparently. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s is what intrigues me. The Dt990 imagine was good, it was more in your face than the dt880. I want them so bad! I sold my dt880 600ohm, I forgot I have them post. I feel so sad :frowning: . But, at least I will try another headphone.

Just (poorly) merged like a few separate threads into one for clarity, because there were already like 3 separate threads for this headphone + the one in the 880 thread

3 Likes

If this turns out to be true, I may just wave these off, as the trebble from my 990 Pros dont bother me.

1 Like

I initially waved them off but the fact that it’s super easy to drive with noticable improvement in imaging is very attractive to me

1 Like

I really want to try them to see if I can cosign them and start pushing them to all the ampless people who want 990s

1 Like

Pretty sure they just image like the dt880 which is a good thing. Dt880 are my fav gaming headphone

1 Like

He didn’t talk about the microphone, so he didn’t get the bundle? Or does the DMS not review microphones?

Dms doesn’t really do mics. The mic bundle looks like a USB mic that would compete with a 2020 or yeti anyway. So I would wait on a review from someone like podcastage

1 Like

oh, I guess I’ll have to look for it elsewhere. Do you have good knowledge about audio gear? I wonder if it’s possible to add a plug to the headphones for a detachable cable setup without impacting the sound.

1 Like

I was considering getting the mic with mine but personally I decided I didn’t care enough

1 Like