šŸ”¶ Beyerdynamic TYGR 300 R

You had the option to buy both the kit and the headphones separately and decided not to get the microphone? Iā€™ve looked at the price for all 3 and it seems like a good value proposition for the handful of countries that beyerdynamic ships to to get the bundle.

1 Like

For the headphones alone itā€™s 180 usd, and the bundle is 300. I have my doubts that mic is 120 USD good, but I would like to try it or hear it at some point, beyerdynamic makes some great dynamic mics imo. Iā€™m also not a reviewer or anything and have plenty of mics at home, so I didnā€™t feel super compelled

2 Likes

There is that side to it. They do sell the microphone on the UK website for ā‚¬180 but itā€™s on sale for ā‚¬150, so thatā€™s ~$200 but on sale for ~$165. If it is as you say, not even worth $120, I wonder if they are just trying to get rid of the things with the bundles and sales.

1 Like

I didnā€™t say it was bad, I just wondered how much it will actually be worth compared to other offerings imo. I havenā€™t heard it so I canā€™t say if itā€™s good or bad, Beyer has been in the mic game for a long time, so I would assume itā€™s at least solid. I was just mainly saying that it wasnā€™t worth it for me, but it looks decent enough

1 Like

Iā€™ve discovered some other reviews of this bundle and microphone. It seems this product is almost a year or so old, and it does seem the microphone is a mixed bag just skipping into Podcastageā€™s conclution.

It almost seems Beyerdynamic has kept it on the German market for a year before going international with this base on the ratio of german to english reviews on youtube.

1 Like

Thatā€™s what I would assume imo, for 120 USD you can get yourself a nice xlr mic setup or get something like the Samson q2u

Interesting, that would make sense

1 Like

Gonna have to chime in here cause just saw this headphone lmao. Are they truly better than the 880? He definitely praises this headphone in that video but I am not one to listen to a single person and wanted to ask specifically to those here who have purchased these two. Also, to chime in on the mic. go with the Samson q2u setup if you canā€™t get a good price on that look into the modmic usb or modmic wireless both work fine.

1 Like

Will have to see when I get them lol, I donā€™t think many have heard them yet

1 Like

Waiting to get my 880 600 ohm myself here to test them personally interested to see how this one turns out in your opinion. He caught my attention saying its around 80% close to the 1990 but with less treble. I will keep an eye on this post till then. I wonā€™t have my 880s till next week(virus is causing all sorts of order issues)

1 Like

Gonna rechime in here @M0N as someone who loves the beyer brand I decided screw itā€¦ and ordered the tygrs for myself to audition. Sometime next week hopefully they will be in. says latest this friday but itā€™s 2 day shipping so who knowsā€¦ our shipping service is all screwed up. I will be testing them out alongside the dt 880 premium 600 ohm, dt 990 premium 600 ohm, and the Custom One Pro Plus because the Tygr is being advertised as a ā€œgaming headphoneā€

4 Likes

Nice, curious to see what you think of them, hopefully they are pretty nice

2 Likes

From the reviews it seems pretty positive and they are definitely on a more Neutral frequency. It says ā€œopen backā€ too which caught my eye while the dt 880s are a semi open back so perhaps a dt 880 but with more sound stage and imaging? also alot of reviews that say it has less treble Will have to see. I will post here later on it.

1 Like

DMS pointed out that the tygrā€™s grill had bigger holes than the dt880 so maybe itā€™s soundstage is more 3d like compared to then dt880

1 Like

Hi guys! :wave:
I was on the boat for dt990 600ohm + fiio k5pro for gaming but i stoped after watching DMS video and that make me curiousā€¦ i wanna find how it compares to the dt990 600ohmā€¦ let me know what you think about the tygr when you get your hands on them.
Thanks

1 Like

Iā€™m definitely interested in these :eyes:

1 Like

A quick question why is all this been lumped in the ā€œOpen Backā€ Headphone section and not gaming?..not a complaint just confused as itā€™s been predominantly designed for gaming?

1 Like

Dont know that its designed for gaming so much as marketed for gaming.

2 Likes

Not my take itā€™s Beyers :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Sadly these are not yet available in Romania, I really want them! they seem to fill that gap of an affordable easy to drive open back headphone that was occupied by only the Sennheiser HD 599 until now, but the sound of the Tygrā€™s seems more like my cup of tea.

1 Like

Mainly because this is an official thread, stuff like the mh751 is here as well and those are a gaming headphone. For the official threads, itā€™s easier to put them into headphones for official stuff. For most people they will serve for multimedia headphones besides gaming, and also itā€™s easier to find stuff in the headphones than gaming imo. We donā€™t have an official section in gaming yet, so itā€™s been put here for now

3 Likes