Beyerdynamics DT177X Go are available!

Just received an e-mail. The 177X Go are now available on Massdrop.

1 Like

I loved the 1770 at CanJam this year. When you add lower impedence, balanced wiring, and a smoother response…yeah I ordered them yesterday :joy:

1 Like

How does the balanced wiring work? Is it a single 4 pin XLR?

That is correct sir! They say they’re making a 2.5mm balanced cable for it as well. I’ll be picking that up for sure when it’s available

1 Like

cancelled the april preorder(380 instead of 450) for the 177x Go for a very good Focal Elegia deal and could not be happier

but knowing the 1770s - not liked them at all in a few listening sessions - was happy to see a tamed down/new soundtuned and balanced BD closed back
own the 1990s and love the build quality BD packs out

very interested in reviews(have seen Z´s) - maybe I jump on it later
would like a upgrade for my old 770s with detachable cable

Mine will arrive 9/27 (this Friday). I am very excited. There should be a huge group of people who ordered on the original Drop that will be able to review them in greater detail.

2 Likes

Hoping mine ships out today, too! Interestingly enough…my earstudio shipped today, few weeks early. The two new toys should play very nicely together

2 Likes

Funny you say that…I was doing some late night shopping (a few drinks may have ben involved) and just pulled the trigger on the EarStudio as well. And a balanced cable for my Final ES5000. And the Koss kph30i. So this week should have some fun listening sessions. I really should lock my credit card after a certain time of night.

2 Likes

Got mine today. I bought allot of headphones this is the first pair that would not fit at all. Had to bend the hell out of them so they would fit properly. I can’t judge the sound just yet. Will burn them in first. I Will make balanced cable over the weekend. I also ordered perforated pads. So will see. MASSDROP%20X%20BEYERDYNAMIC%20DT%20177X%20GO-4PinMiniXLRPinout

2 Likes

In what way don’t they fit? Have you used other Beyers before?

Let us know how the balanced cable works out :+1:

1 Like

Just received an ad for these on Drop indicating they are available to ship in one day. I’ve been waiting for months and still don’t have them. Interesting that someone can order them today and have them before me.

Bitter.

Have yours shipped yet? I ordered last week and they’ll be here Sunday.

Haha.

Ordered April 20. Tracking shows arrival on Friday (9/27). They are currently in Missouri. I live in Colorado. Not optimistic.

However, that is kind of how it is with MassDROP. Oh well.

Let me know how you like yours.

1 Like

you saved the 70 with preorder :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ear cups don’t tilt enough to seal on my head. There is only one comment so far on drop.com with the same problem. I am sure there are going to be more as people will start to get shipments.

Kinda wish I hadn’t read the discussion at drop. Now I’m nervous! I guess I could return them and buy 1770 for the same price of these aren’t up to par

OK, so I’ve had mine for about 15 minutes, so take this with a grain of salt.

I am not having an issue with fit. Maybe it is my huge head. I have to fiddle a little with the stock pads if I am wearing a hat, but that is typical with all of my cans. I don’t have the most impressive list, but they will be my daily driver. Still breaking them in, but I’m not disappointed.

Oh, and I thought Z was being a baby about swapping pads, but I’m going to find the pads I like and stick to them. If you swap frequently, you might want to find another option.

I thought they were pretty much the same build of the 1990? Did they change that? When I tried them I had no issues

Yes they are
If you swap often pads, it’s less convenient than a magnet mechanism but it’s easy done in a few minutes. No problem at all