Beyerdynamics DT177X Go are available!

Have you had any of the DT series to compare the build to? Have you had any success running them from a phone or or portable amp?

Iā€™ve been breaking these in for 8 hours and just grabbed them to check on your questions.

I believe in break-in/warm-up

My NFB-11 is what I use at my desk. More than enough power. I think the ā€œGOā€ title is fair.

Note 9 - Does an adequate job of powering. Need to crank it up a bit, but about the same that I do for my Koss KSC75X.

EarStudio ES-100. I have only had this for 2 days, but really impressed with its power. It didnā€™t sweat to power them.

LG V30 - Sounds awesome. I was good at 50 / 100.

Onkyo DP-X1 with Fiio E18 Amp - This is how I will use these. I canā€™t wait to break these in more. I put them on my wife and she literally said, ā€œHoly shitā€. Iā€™d like to try these balanced.

I want to note that this is all subjective. This is my sound. But, I have only listened to one set of cans that totally blew me away. ZMF Auteur.

I liked the Audeze LCD-2, Final D-8000 Pro, Beyerdynamic DT-1990.

I was worried about the comments surrounding these, but I dont regret the purchase. Looking forward to wearing these awkwardly in public places.1

1 Like

Excellent! Youā€™ve restored a lot of my confidence in the decision to get these over 1770. Sunday canā€™t come soon enough!

1 Like

Well I hope yours show up a day early as well. Should be a fun weekend surprise.

I like them better than the 1770s. I think people have a habit of looking at what is wrong with the sound. Just enjoy them and have fun.

2 Likes

Got mine in today. Iā€™m also finding the ear cups donā€™t tilt enough to fit well on my head; it puts most of the pressure on the area above my ears. Iā€™ve used more than a dozen different cans and this is the first Iā€™ve encountered this problem. Iā€™m surprised Beyerdynamic would overlook something like that. Do some people have the same problem with their other models?

Anyway regarding sound, they have a good and balanced sound signature out of the box. I will need more time to say whether theyā€™re worth $450 or not.

Is that with the stock pad or Dekoni? I find when cans donā€™t seal properly, I shift the headband forwards or backwards a bit. Maybe that is a no-no, but I am still a noob. I had no trouble with the Dekoni seal and thatā€™ll likely be my pad of choice.

Iā€™ve only tried the stock pads. Using the sheep skin pads helps with the sealing issue. But no pad swap can fix the uneven clamping pressure. So my plan is to buy a headband wrap which will allow me to further extend the ear cupsā€”which would allow me correct the angle.

Ended up ordering 1770 to compare; Iā€™ll keep the winner. Going to be fun!

My pair showed up as I was leaving my house. Went back inside and tried them on to see what the fuss was about. They are a little loose on the bottom, but one extra click on each side to make them looser and they feel great. So, not worried about the fit anymore! Iā€™m going to save build quality assessment for when I have 1770 to compare it to. Much listening will go down tonight.

1 Like

Keep me up to date. I am VERY happy with my set despite all of the comments here and on Massdrop. I guess you have a huge head like me. Loving the sound. Honestly I put on some of my old sets and just cant get into the sound as much as these 177x. Iā€™m interested because based on your comments, we have similar tastes.

Have fun.

After a few hours, I liked them enough that I cancelled my 1770 order. They are exactly what I was looking for. I should mention though, that I couldnā€™t get a seal behind the lower part of my ears with either of the pads. I put on some brainwavz angled pleather and twisted them so the thick part is where is problem area is, and theyā€™re perfect.

That cable tho. Hahaha. I think Hart Audio might need to come to the rescue for these.

3 Likes

Let me know if you get a new cable. Like an idiot, I ordered a 3 pin Mini XLR. So that wont work and I cant seem to find a 4 pin.

Ordered one from @brux hartaudiocables.com
Not here yet, but he sent me a picture and it looks great.

I, too had a brainfart and forgot to order the 3.5mm adapter cable for my amps, so Iā€™ll have to keep using the jankasaurus for a few days longer

3 Likes

Awesome. Thank you Sir. Iā€™ll be taking a look as well.

1 Like

@XmetaldaveX

Hope you like them!

Iā€™ve gone ahead and added this cable design to our core product offering as the HC-8:

HC-8: Female 4-pin mini XLR balanced headphone cable

2 Likes

@XmetaldaveX and @brux

Just ordered my own set. Looking forward to recommending HartAudio to everyone.

Iā€™ll post the photos soon!

2 Likes

Cable is here. I can confirm that it is jank-free! Thanks @brux ! Iā€™ll be ordering more for my Ananda, 6XX, and IEMs eventually

4 Likes

Awesome! Iā€™m glad itā€™s working out for you. Let me know if you have any difficulties with it.

Youā€™ve made it, @brux!

5 Likes

Why only red? What if I want the grey color?

1 Like