Bi wiring w/ A B connection on amp?

1 Like

I hate my living room it has that one side that is open into the dining room and it freaks me out LOL I feel like I’m losing a lot although the Klipsch sound pretty damn good

“Bi wiring” off the same amp (the speaker taps are parallel) is exactly the same as not doing it. The only thing you’re doing is changing where the two speakers drivers are connected to the wire - at the amp or at the speaker terminals. Don’t mean to bust your bubble but if you’re hearing differences it’s either placebo or the jumpers at the speaker (between woofer and tweeter terminals) are made of tin alloyed with dirt. And perhaps some cardboard.

1 Like

Bi-wiring literally means double wires.
It need’s to be possible from amp and on speakers.

1 Like

Might want to get nicer binding posts, dont know if there is a “gain” but real brass would be cool.

That GR research guy does that on his speaker mods. Along with add fiber glass mat to tighen up the acoustics inside the cabinet, Couldnt hurt.

Thank you for your input. As I research I found out that you are correct. Now if I went and did it to just one set of speaker inputs would that gain any benefit.?

What do you mean exactly?

Holyshit I found the best rp600 mod you won’t even fucking believe it?! 28 inch speaker stand TURN THEM UPSIDE DOWN !!! ANGELS FROM GOD !

1 Like

That is one of the most interesting binding post set-ups I’ve seen. What brand are they?

We always used to warn against bi-wiring, just a term to make you “buy-wire”. If you can Bi-amp, that gives you the control of setting the crossover rather than letting the speakers determine it.

1 Like

Dont know but its suppose to be a better connection than using the stock brackets that came with speakers.

Cant hurt. Less resistance.

Well, bi-amping is completely different.

Bi-wiring only exists because once upon a time amps didn’t make a lot of power. So you could hook up two amps to your speakers to get the power you need.

How a Bi-amping makes you not “buy-wire” more?
You kinda need same amount of wire or cable, doing bi-wiring or bi-amping the speakers.
I still count 4 cables per speaker.

Bi-Amping

Bi-Wiring
Unless there is some translation error again…in my brain.

You can remove one set of wires from each speaker and just use the jumpers from the top terminals to the bottom ones. By bi-wiring, all you did is buy a second set of wires. So bi-wire = “buy wire”.

Was not there a measurement that showed that the FR-graph changed if the "main"cable from amp goes to first to lower terminal and then wire upper terminal VS. "main"cable from amp goes to upper terminal then wire lower terminal?

I remember seeing few somewhere… needs to google the brain.
If you connected the cables in amps end. They measured same each time no variation.

Switched out plates on rp600 got me some ofc copper cables with Spades it did clean the sound up a little bit. I also bought a Class D hybrid tube amp and I’m thinking of by amping to the low and with the tube amp and running the Tweeter to the Cambridge mad scientist LOL

Got to get back there switch it out. Im so damn lazy.

Aye Tech 73 are you running a tube pre amp as well?

If the two amps don’t have the same gain it won’t sound right. Either the mid/woofer will be too loud or the tweeter will be.

That just means the factory supplied jumper between the terminals is shit. Cut 2 inches from your speaker wire and use it to jump the terminals.

1 Like