Bi wiring w/ A B connection on amp?

Like most other contentious topics with speaker and other cables, some people swear by bi-wiring.
I’ve never personally tried it, but it’s simple enough test to do, just do it with some cheap wire and decide for yourself.
Minimally you are increasing the effective gauge of the wire to the speakers.
Potentially you make them more or less susceptible to external noise.

My view on all cables is try it for yourself and decide what you hear, but don’t go overboard, there is no point in using a $300 power cable on a $100 amp, on $20000 speaker cable on a $1000 amp.

1 Like

Could have been that the shitty jumper made the difference.
Depending on what terminal had the main cable.

Im good, no need for tweaking or cuttings anything. :slight_smile:

LOL!! Good one! I did this and honestly, I didn’t hear any perceivable difference. That is just my experience, though. Denon AVR-2808ci into JBL E90s.

Personally I agree with this. Now, if I am running a 3000 dollar amp That 300-500 dollar power cable makes more sense. Seems like a bit of common sense, but again, that is just me and my twisted thinking!

I feel I can justify 10% of my budget towards cables. More than that I am missing out on nicer equipment which would make a larger improvement.

Yes I researched and found out the same . oh well,?

Hi,

I’ve personally dabbled with bi-wiring on various setups, including Klipsch models similar to your rp-600m. The idea behind bi-wiring is that by using separate cables for the high and low frequencies, there’s potential to reduce any interference between them, possibly improving clarity and detail.

In my experience:

Sound Difference: Sometimes I noticed a subtle improvement in detail and imaging, especially at higher volumes. However, on other occasions, the difference was negligible. It can be highly system and environment-dependent.
Cable Quality: The quality and gauge of the wire you use can play a role. Higher quality cables can sometimes emphasize the differences.
Connection: Make sure the A & B terminals on your amplifier are meant for bi-wiring and not just for powering a second set of speakers. Misusing them can be risky.

Opinions on bi-wiring can be highly subjective. Some audiophiles swear by it, while others feel it’s more placebo than actual sonic improvement. My suggestion? Since you’re curious, give it a shot. Ensure everything’s connected correctly, sit back, and trust your ears.

I tried it. I found that it didn’t make enough of a difference to justify the extra cabling. That’s just me, though.

1 Like