Biggest Soundstage in iems

I agree with the TRI i3.

Jade Audio EA3 is a very budget one (around 50 usd) but has a huge soundstage - love them.

TRI i3 is killer in terms of staging and separation, but you must have a very good source (I wouldn’t recommend them to somebody that only plans to have one pair of IEM’s - buying a good source + the TRI i3 will be quite expensive, I would recommend them to somebody that has a bunch of IEM’s and headphones, and also sources)

1 Like

Yeah the driver configuration in the I3 sounds very interesting. But it is super big and it seems to have a shouty lower treble (which is my weak spot).

1 Like

They are huge indeed. I am actually taking a break from IEMs for some time, I have some pain in the right ear… so I want to give it some time to heal instead of having sthn in my ear all the time.

I know that I popped the Audiosense AQ3, BGVP VG4 and the IKKO OH10 - none were even close to the imaging and staging of the TRI i3.

I personally do not remember the TRI i3 being shouty, but I guess that it is source sensitive - trying a warmer source may give you a sound signature that you prefer more.

TRI i3 is huge, but has an amazing sound performance. I do think it is a bit tiring having them in your ears due to their size… even though they aren’t heavy for their size, they are something that you know is in your ear - you feel it, you notice it. But comfort and fit are top-notch for me. Can definitely recommend them. I wish I could get my hands on the LZ A6, one of the most respected IEMs

2 Likes

OH10 weights way more than the i3 being the latter of a bigger size but lighter overall. I get tired of the OH10 much before I do of the i3. As for the shoutiness that would depend on the source. When I used them with the Fiio M9 they could be a bit harsh. But with the Dx160, XD-05 + or the RNHP they change improving in that order. With the RNHP I’d say there’s zero shoutiness, also the holographic sound of the Neve combines wonderfully with the i3 soundstage and instrument separation. If you have a powerful source the Tri i3 are a no brainer for 140 dollars.

2 Likes

Yeah I use the dx160. I also have jds atom for my pc setup.

The other thing I dislike is that it seems to have a loose bass. I really like a tight bass. Well my tin hifi P1 + eq is damn good so I won’t get the I3.

1 Like

Isn H40 can have loose bass, the i3 doesn’t IMO. I would compare the sound with my Lcd2c and they share many characteristics (being both planar). The DD driver is only 8 mm and subbass is not that predominant. Mid bass sound right and we’ll controlled to me… But, I’m a noob after all.
The i3 is an Iem that not many people have and is a pity.

“The bass of the i3 is rather from the softer side and does not necessarily impress with a firm and fast punch. The bass is, so to speak, quite sluggish, which in turn provides a rather warm and full sound.”
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tri-i3.24171/reviews#item-review-23780

“If bass notes could be tuned to sound slightly punchier, without overshadowing the mids - this would help improve image separation and instrument layering.”
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tri-i3.24171/reviews#item-review-23230

“Overall the bottom end has very good weight, however lacks definition and punch”
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tri-i3.24171/reviews#item-review-23896

I take that as the bass being slow or loose, causing it to get muddier.

1 Like

Yup, like I said, it lacks the punch. I don’t know if I would go as far to call it muddy, but it isn’t defined - doesn’t have that definition and punch in the mid-bass region that it should have. Perhaps it is muddy, I don’t know. I just wish that it had the punch, would probably be one of the best IEM’s in terms of value

There is an online shop called Amazon that has the LZ A6 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

:money_with_wings: :money_with_wings: :money_with_wings:

Do I need to say more :sob:?

1 Like

I just ordered my pair. I really like a big soundstage, so I have to try them and I like the design; it reminds me of 64Audio u12t.

They probably ship from China (delivery after 20th of August), but I am okay with that; I can wait :grimacing:

2 Likes

You can always contact Mr. Bairon directly. He is nice and polite. So if there is any trouble, he should be able to help you with it

Is he the owner of Linsoul?

1 Like

Nonono, owner of KBEAR. But I guess you are out of luck with Linsoul, it’s slow replies from them

1 Like

Chinese store normally replies quickly, but not Linsoul, that is true.

1 Like

Yup, no goood. You could’ve directly ordered from Aliexpress… but that would take a long time to ship, especially because of the Covid 19 situation

LZ A6 is around 200 usd on aliexpress.

1 Like

You are right: $228

wait for a sale. it drops down to around 200 and thats not even counting the coupons. So maybe you can get it for around 190 usd.

I am too impatient… So ordered it at $228 :nerd_face:

1 Like