Bike Appreciation Thread

Haha…fucking really?

Wrong again …just different frame geometry’s and a correct female saddle, the gears are and should be down to wheel diameter and personal preference.

Hit me up with a DM if you have any issues otherwise :sleeping:

2 Likes

I’m just gonna say that, in my experience, this is nonsense. Especially with the rise in popularity of custom paint jobs, I see men and women riding bikes of all colors though I guess you could say that something like a light pink would be more popular with females (to be honest, I don’t know any women running pink bikes, but I do know a dude with a hot pink chopper with purple ghost flames). So I guess you could make that argument on the colors to an extent, but certainly not as a sweeping overgeneralization like that.

As for your second point, I don’t know where you’re riding, but I don’t find that to be true at all. I know men and women that ride all sizes and configurations of bikes. Yes, I know some women who ride bikes with different frames and saddles like @Ohmboy mentioned, but I also know plenty of women that ride standard frames and saddles. I know plenty of dudes riding small bikes with four or five gears for various reasons including keeping it simple, better handling, etc. I also know plenty of women riding choppers or vintage Harleys rodded out with big engines and plenty of gears in the box so they can feel the power and the speed. And, just to be clear, I know plenty riding everything in between so where the color argument might apply to an extent, I don’t see the gear argument applying even in a general way.

Just my opinions, based on my experience so…

2 Likes

Yeah, man, I don’t agree with the poster there at all. The places where I ride, none of what he said applies. I go to places where riders gather and I see all kinds of cool things being ridden by all kinds of different folks. Case in point, one time while I was hangin a group of 6-7 sportbikes came in. Really nice liter bikes all. As it turned out, 3 of the 7 were ladies. I’ll just leave it there.

1 Like

Definitely. My uncle is a “retired” Hells Angel and he rides with a group of older men and women that used to be part of clubs and the biker lifestyle. The women in that group tend to be partial to some of the harder to ride, no frills vintage Harleys. I got my 63 Panhead in a trade for a Knucklehead I had that needed restoring. The person I traded it to and got the Panhead from was a 57 y/o woman. When I got that Panhead she had that thing tuned to jam and she had the suspension slammed flat in the back, like the old hardcore bikers used to swear by back in the day. Made me feel like a bit of a sissy for wanting some give in my suspension and for retuning the lower gears to be a bit less hot. :joy:

Now, she rides that Knucklehead around the same way: slammed to the deck with gears tuned so hot the bike basically jumps out of neutral on take off and has to be feathered into second so it doesn’t jump while you’re riding. She let me ride it after she restored the bike (i used restored loosely because it’s a hodgepodge of KH parts from several different years and after market or one of fabs as well, but it looks freakin’ great) and it was a lot of fun, but there’s no way I’m hardcore enough to ride that thing around the country setup the way it is. She’s a straight gangster as far as I’m concerned! :wink:

1 Like

Exactly. I’ve seen plenty of the same. Actually, when you think about it, motorcycling tends to shatter a lot of those old stereotypes. Just one of the things I love about it.

1 Like

This makes #3…'86 vf500f

6 Likes

The Men of MotoGP are back in action in France, and it has been a wild couple of days at the Lemans circuit.

We end up with a somewhat interesting top 10 going into Saturday qualifying, with none other than Jack “Thriller” Miller snagging the top spot! And lemme see if you can guess who this is:

Yes, it’s Marc Marquez, going down hard in the gravel at turn 9. This one being the second time he had seen the ground. He did get up unharmed and managed to snag the P8 spot, but my gosh, how many more times can he do this to himself before something really bad happens? It should be noted that his Honda was the only Japanese bike to make it to Q2. Yamaha have completely lost the plot, their riders looking very befuddled. That said, never go to sleep on Fabio.

Top 10

1. Jack Miller (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing) – 1:30.950
  2. Aleix Espargaro (Aprilia Racing) +0.119
  3. Marco Bezzecchi (Mooney VR46 Racing Team) +0.200
  4. Jorge Martin (Prima Pramac Racing) +0.285
  5. Johann Zarco (Prima Pramac Racing) +0.326
  6. Maverick Viñales (Aprilia Racing) +0.392
  7. Brad Binder (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing) +0.402
  8. Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) +0.482
  9. Francesco Bagnaia (Ducati Lenovo Team) +0.517
  10. Alex Marquez (Gresini Racing MotoGP™) +0.558

Should be a great race weekend.

3 Likes

Here we go :+1:

Here’s one of mine…
No motor though…

IBIS MOJO HDR
Carbon Fiber frame
6.5" suspension travel front and rear.
All parts purchased individually and assembled by me…

3 Likes

That’s a BEAUTY, @Dobbs.

2 Likes

Thanks PK…Lots of fun. I’ve got a nice older Rocky Mountain full suspension with 4.5" travel F& B. I ride that one a lot in the ice and snow…It has Ice Tracker Pro studded tires on in the winter…

Go Bills !
We signed Ed Oliver for 4 years $64 mill.
I thought they were going to trade him…
It’s our year…I hope…:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I squeezed in a 45-minute ride on my 2021 Specialized Stumpjumper Alloy FS bike before work this morning! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow, very sweet. It makes my old Gary Fisher Sugar 3 look like a relic, which of course, it is! :joy: That said, it’s still going strong, so can’t really complain much.

It’s finally here. My favorite race on the calendar.

This is the one that separates the contenders from the pretenders. And this year should be very special. I can’t wait!

1 Like

I love Mugello as a circuit, too. But it will be a Ducati parade this year due to the long straight magnifying the horsepower edge of the bikes from Bologna.

1 Like

Thanks Raptor. It’s a great bike. I started mountain biking around 1984 on a Bianchi Super Grizzly but I broke the frame jumping it…:laughing:
I bought a really nice Brodie Romax frame in 86 and built it up with the components off the broken bike as well as some tricked out parts.
I sill have the Brodie in full working condition , it will turn 40 in 2026…Paul Brodie has a great YouTube Channel…
I will try to post a couple of pictures of my Rocky Mountain full suspension also…It’s a cool bike too…:smiley:

I’ll have to say after trying both Harley and Victory cruisers the Triumph Thunderbird Storm was my fav #11 years ago :+1:

1 Like

The duel between Peter Hickman and Michael Dunlop has been EPIC this week in the various classes of the Isle of Man TT.

I’m glued to my TV every night watching. So damn compelling.

2 Likes

I did a brief scan of my cable guide and didn’t see it anywhere. It’s been quite the week for me though, so sheeit! Hopefully there will be some replays to catch.

I guess we are off to a roaring start at Mugello. Marquez is pissing everyone off with his “tow me” tactics. Frankly I don’t care for it either, the concern being that someone will do something to shirk him off, make a mistake and have a very bad day. That said, there is currently nothing in the regs that says you can’t. Yamaha are hurting right now and HRC aren’t sleeping much either. KTM and Aprilia are holding their own though! Quali should be very exciting.

No cable. Only TT+ streaming package, which is $30 per year. Best value in racing streaming, with ease.

Every practice, every race – live and archived for a year. Every week’s podcast live on video. Great miniseries on riders throughout the year. Superb docuseries and documentaries.

If you’re into the TT, TT+ is $30 extremely well spent. There are 20 percent off coupon codes around the internet, too.

EDIT: SENIOR23 coupon code will give you a 23 percent discount today on TT+. So, the price goes from $30 USD to $23.10. Steal of the year! Get it! You get all this GREAT motorcycle road racing content through next year’s TT for $23!