Bike Appreciation Thread

Here’s my baby -

Don’t get me wrong, I love all 3 bikes, but there is just something about this one. It’s a luxury liner for sure!

5 Likes

I love the sweeping lines and coming back into a nice tailored point. Looks like one hell of a ride, bro!

1 Like

It’s a unique experience. The thing is loaded! When I bought it, it had a huge rear trunk mounted on it. But they had this special kit you could buy that removed it and covered the hole it left! I had them do this before I rode it out of the showroom! I’ve added some things as time went on. This bike is incredibly smooth and deceptively fast. I had a few performance mods done that really woke up the engine without killing fuelly. She carries a little over 6 gallons of fuel, so you can go for a long time per tank. Comfort is off the charts.

2 Likes

I’ll bet! It looks very luxurious. I’ve only owned various Softail Harleys, one 1963 Panhead, and the Hayabusa so I’ve never had something that comes remotely close to this kinda luxury cruiser. I’d love to give this bad boy a ride! :+1::sunglasses:

1 Like

You’d love it, dude. The balance and overall handling qualities belie its size and weight. You’d swear you were riding a gigantic sport bike!

1 Like

That’s cool! My uncle has a big tricked out 2023 Harley CVO Street Glide Ltd he just bought for the long cross country rides he and my aunt go on and it’s cool with all the bells and whistles and it’s really comfy and smooth, but it feels like you’re riding atop a late 70s Cadillac with how big, wide/long, and heavy it is. It has plenty of power so it still has good acceleration, but the handling is way less reactive than any bike I’ve ever been on. I get why he got it, but you’d never catch me buying one. I’d rather just drive my 4Runner at that point.

All of that to ask, how’s the handling on that thing compared to your average smaller bike? Does it manage to keep things well balanced and reactive so it’s all still fun?

1 Like

This one does. I mean, compared to an actual sportbike it’s a little slow, and the floorboards keep you from getting serious lean, but if I took the boards off you could drag knee on this thing! I had the front forks re-done, and if it’s in the cards the plan is to replace the rear shock. Penske makes a great shock for this bike. Or at least they used to, I’ll have to see if it is still available. And it is incredibly well-balanced. It’s fantastic. Best handling big bike you will ever come across. This thing actually has an anti tip over device built into it, so if you ever have an incidental tip-over situation, you are good to go.

Bikes are great. But there are different types, some are for men and some are for women.

I’ll push back there. Bikes are for humans. I’ve owned and ridden Ducati Monster 900, Buell XB12, Buell Blast, as well as a Pink Peugeot Mixte, and the previously mentioned bicycles. Engine types are as subjective as colors and styles.

2 Likes

Congrats Alex Rins on his win over the weekend. COTA was very punishing this time round. Seemed like everybody who crashed lost the front and washed out. I know that people have been complaining about the asphalt for years. Don’t know if that was a factor. Also didn’t look like there was a lot of rubber laid down on the racing line to me.

1 Like

It sure seems like Pecco Bagnaia’s biggest rival in his title defense this season will be … HIMSELF.

This guy crashes WAY too much, but I guess you can say the same about Marquez. Still, MM crashes because the Honda is such a piece of sh*t that he needs to ride over his head to stay with the Ducatis, Aprilias and even KTMs.

Pecco is on the best bike on the grid. There’s no reason for him to keep chucking it down the road like he does.

I got to watch the race late last night as we were out of town. What an amazing ride by Alex Rins. He is the first rider since Marquez and Stoner to be able to ride that RCV in a truly competitive manner. Where every other Honda crashed out, He knew when to be patient and manage the bike and tires, and he knew when it was time to push. I am convinced Pecco was starting to feel the pressure, tried to up his level to pull away and made another silly mistake. There was no real need for it, either. If he would have just stayed smooth and hit his marks, I am not sure Rins would have had enough to overtake him.

I am not sure what is going on with Bagnia at this point, but he is crashing WAY too much. Is it fatigue? Is he just losing focus out there? Is he losing his feel for the tires and/or brakes late in the race? A combination of the three? Hard to say. We saw this last season as well, but he pulled it together in the latter part of the campaign to secure the 'ship. Clearly the Ducati is still the best bike on the grid, so I am hesitant to put any fault on the bike. We’ll see how things play out, but he needs to be a bit careful. They won’t tolerate that for long.

But let’s face it, a lot of guys crashed yesterday. COTA is a tough track, both in layout and in available grip. It’s not the smooth, flowing tracks they are used to in Europe. Rins nearly lost it himself a few times! But he outlasted them all and brought home the win. Now I am anxious to see if he can follow it up now that they are headed back to the European circuits. Nice to see Quartararo snag a podium, even though that bike is so outmatched by the others on the grid. Yamaha has a lot of work to do. Maverick had a great race as well, but man he needs to figure out the start! He will never get to that next level if he doesn’t. Hopefully Marc will be back in action next race. I want to see if he can figure out how to balance aggression and survival. Very much looking forward to the next chapter!

1. Alex Rins - (LCR Honda Castrol)
  2. Luca Marini - (Mooney VR46 Racing Team) + 3.498
  3. Fabio Quartararo - (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP™) + 4.936
  4. Maverick Viñales - (Aprilia Racing) + 8.318
  5. Miguel Oliveira - (CryptoDATA RNF MotoGP™ Team) + 9.989
  6. Marco Bezzecchi - (Mooney VR46 Racing Team) + 12.049
  7. Johann Zarco - (Prima Pramac Racing) + 12.242
  8. Franco Morbidelli - (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP™) + 20.399
  9. Fabio Di Giannantonio - (Gresini Racing MotoGP™) + 27.981
  10. Augusto Fernandez - (Tech3 GASGAS Factory Racing) + 28.217

I have a friend I’ll be visiting in Spain in a few weeks. I’m gonna be renting a 2022 Ducati Panigale V4 to ride from Marseilles down to his hometown outside of Madrid. I’ve mapped it out to something like a 13 hour ride, much of it down the southern coast of France. I’m super stoked about it! It’s gonna be so much fun! I love doing roadtrips on motorcycles! :metal::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Oh man I am jealous! That sounds glorious. I have always wanted to tour the Alps on a bike. But for me, if I tried it on a Panigale I wouldn’t be able to get off the bike after the first stint! :smile: No, the ergos on the bike I would choose needs to be a little less pretzel-like! I would most likely select a BMW R1250 RT.

Enjoy the ride. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yeah, at 6’2" and 215lb it requires me to fold myself up pretty tightly, but I’ve been doing it for years and I’m sure the time where I’ll still be able to do long rides like this on a sport bike is limited so this seemed like an opportunity I couldn’t pass up. Surprisingly, my girl was on board from the jump. No convincing required. :+1::sunglasses:

1 Like

I would entertain doing a long ride on a 'Busa. One that was prepared for this mission. I have seen a couple of these, and they are wild. I think that would be a blast. You just have to understand that you would burn a set of tires (at least one, maybe more depending) and more than likely pads and rotors. This of course depends on how hard you wanna go. And therein lies the danger! For me at least. Although, with me in a more advanced years state of mind, perhaps some degree of restraint would prevail. Either way, mucho fun would be had!

1 Like

Yeah, long runs on a fun sportbike like the Hayabusa can get expensive quickly if you really let go and have fun with it. I rode to Dallas and back from SoCal during lockdown in 2020 and pretty much had to have everything replaced. Even if I start out restrained, over that many miles I’m bound to start feelin’ it at some point and the plans go out the window. :joy:

1 Like

Admittedly I have a thing for Sport Touring bikes. This is probably the best of the three:

I love this bike. Riding a triple is a gas. This bike delivers great range.

4 Likes

I’ve never had one or been on one. I’ve only ever owned pretty bare bones vintage Harley models or sportbikes. I’d love to try one on for size one if these days. They look like the motorcycle equivalent of driving a decked out Caddy from back in the day when that was the height of American luxury.

Men vs Women Bikes- difference

1. The first difference between men’s and women’s bikes is that they’re different colors. Men’s bikes are typically a dark color, while women’s bikes are usually lighter colors. Some men’s bikes can be colored pink or purple, which is considered to be “girly.”

2. The second difference between men’s and women’s bikes is that the men’s bike has more gears than the woman’s bike does. Men like to have more gears because they want to be able to go fast when they ride their bikes, while women don’t need as many gears because they just want to go around town or go on a simple ride with friends or family members.
    For more information, this may help you. If you need more help, please let me know.