Binary Dynaquattro

How is it? Compared to TSMR X?
Not worth comparing because X costs a lot more though

Sorry, I meant “like it would be” I haven’t heard it yet.

Tell us more when you say scale, in what dimensions of sound.
For example - HD650 scales with better amps wherein it starts to sound more dynamic, with lovely mids and great bass control

Because it is a high-power requiring IEM. It needs better source for better sound.

1 Like

There are 3 Major improvements while scaling with this one.

1. Bass changes with power. It’s very drastic. The attack/the amplitude, the air that the driver is pushing becomes a lot better.

2. The scale increases. The sound becomes tall and scope of the sound becomes huge.

3. The Soundstage depth just takes a huge boost.

There are minor improvements also.

1 Like

in the second point, do you mean scale or stage?

No the scale, like if amped not properly projections in Binaural recordings seems tiny. Feels like they are coming from am IEM (Which it is), but when AMPed, it sounds big in projection. Like if you close your eyes, the realism is just there.

1 Like

How does it compare to doscinco? :thinking:

1 Like

Dont have that IEM sorry

I might get the Dynaquattro this weekend, so much looking forward to it.

What is this confusion about 4 drivers vs. 3 DDs and a PR?

1 Like

Should be no confusion , it has only 3 drivers and wool filter on top of the bsss driver to control dampening. Technically its not a traditional passive radiator.

They show this in the marketing pics so full transparency from Binary.

I guess they didn’t want to call it the DYNATWATRO?

From my understanding the passive vent works like this from DynAudio and allows pressure relief to allow the full extension with lower distortion.

1 Like

It is 3 DDs only. They are referring their venting system as a Passive Radiator which is not correct.

2 Likes

got it now, thanks

so guys this would not be considered a midbass tucked set? can it do kick drums well, techno? this or Doscinco?

Searching for a set around this price, not midbass tucked, mainly electronic library

The bass shelf is linear af, so not a mid-bass dipped set.

1 Like

ok nice so maybe even a good all arounder? looking at pairing whatever i get with Go Pods or tws adapters

Looks fairly versatile on graph, although personally that pinna area looks a bit too spicy for me.

1 Like

right on, coming from planars (timeless, s12, hook x,) cant eq and just need something more dynamic, the search continues thank you

It is possible that you could tame that pinna area with some nozzle damping.

I personally use the Ikko OH10 (modded) with my TRN BT20XS.

Have not found an upgrade to this.

3 Likes