Binary Dynaquattro

i remember reading about this from some of your posts, do you link this mod anywhere? and that battery life would be great

are these the filters, if so which one?

The OH10 mod? I dont have a guide for this specifically but you just need to remove the stock filter in the OH10, then put a high density foam inside the nozzle followed by some tanchjim filters on top.
You can substistute the tanchjim filter with some 500 mesh instead if u dont have the tanch filters though (although u might need to stack 2 of them).

4x3mm (or 5x3mm could be more similar to my own version if u use a single 500 mesh) high density: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004052500811.html

500 mesh 4.5mm (4.5mm works for pretty much all iems):https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004052530517.html

They are quite overpriced tbh and im not sure which I used nor if they actually differ.

3 Likes

perfect thank you ill do my research, this my work out perfect

2 Likes

oh and you NEED a tweezer as a tool.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005589349988.html
something like that.
(avoid plastic ones.)

3 Likes

gotcha thanks again

1 Like

The battle for dynamic drivers is here:-
5 vs 4 which one is better? 4 does a way better job if you ask me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

5 vs 3 I am not sure if the 7hz actually uses 5 active drivers either?

I am gonna give it some burn in time before i judge the set.

From hifgo description (confirms 3 dynamic drivers and 1 passive diaphragm):

Features:

Three Specialized Dynamic Drivers+1 Passive Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors.
Three-Way Frequency Crossover.
10mm+8mm+6.8mm Dynamic Drivers+6mm Passsive Diaphragm.
Total Diaphragm Area of Approx 193 Square Millimeters.
Exquisitely Detailed Wide Frequency Response Range.
Powerful and Clear Sound Response.
Unique Airy Presentation.
New Era of Precision Diaphragm Control.
Front Cavity Molded Physical Frequency Division.
Aluminum Alloy CNC Machined Face Panels.
High-Purity OFC Silver-Plated Cable with Interchangeable Plugs.
Includes 3.5mm and 4.4mm Plugs. Technical Information:-
Impedance: 23Ω@1kHz.
Sensitivity: 111dB/Vrms.
Effective Frequency Response Range: 20Hz-20kHz.
THD+N: <1%@1kHz. Binary Acoustics has introduced an all-new DynaQuattro.

Featuring three specialized dynamic drivers measuring 10mm, 8mm, 6.8mm, and a 6mm passive diaphragm, the pair has an astonishing 193 square millimetres total diaphragm area. With the help of a three-way frequency crossover, the pair promises a clear, wide frequency response range with low distortion and high-resolution clarity. Prepare to wow yourself with the magic of DynaQuattro delivering a rich and clear sound response.

Excellently Detailed Wide Frequency Band:

Binary DynaQuattro delivers an excellently detailed sound response with a wide frequency band response. The three specialized dynamic drivers and one Passive diaphragm work flawlessly together. They have their own independent sound guide structure with a precisely designed three-way frequency crossover for clear sound reproduction. The drivers are designed using a high-precision Klippel system that accurately optimizes the vibration modes for the different diaphragms present on the pair.

Enhanced Low-Frequency With A Powerful Dual-Diaphragm Dynamic Driver:

The DynaQuattro features a powerful 10mm dynamic driver unit for a deep-diving and impactful lower-end response. The pair has a large-sized composite dual-diaphragm design. It has a 10mm titanium dome-coated silicone grainless diaphragm and a 6mm wool paper cone passive diaphragm. This dual-diaphragm design provides a crisp, refined lower-end region with rich details.

High-Res Mid and High-Frequency Response:

The high-frequency 6.8mm dynamic driver adopts a high-rigidity aluminum diaphragm. It is entirely made up of aluminum providing a well-defined, detailed high-frequency band. The 8mm midrange driver unit has a cermet textureless diaphragm which is made up of extremely lightweight and hard metal. This offers fast transients and crisp detailing in the output signal.

Precisely Designed Physical Frequency Crossover:

Binary Acoustics has carefully designed the Dynaquattro with a three-way physical frequency crossover. Each driver here has its own independent acoustic tube. It has been accurately calculated and tested thoroughly to deliver an enhanced sound presentation to the listener. This three-way crossover produces a rich, delicate, and well-layered sound presentation with ultra-low distortion among the drivers

1 Like

We already gone through this read up here.

1 Like

Exactly some are still saying 4 Dynamic Drivers thus the confusion from other reviewers.

That is a passive vent used to relive pressure like the DynAudio Variovent I have used countless times before in speaker building. Same idea different application but it works.

But in no way should it be called a driver or a passive radiator in my opinion.

Dynamic drivers have a physical motor structure thats simply a composite wool filter.

3 Likes

Wasn’t trying to cause trouble, just confirming it’s 3 Dynamic Drivers with a passive “something” and not 4 drivers.

I don’t have the knowledge regarding if it’s a 6mm passive diaphragm or if it’s a radiator or simply a vent acting with the 10mm titanium plated driver. The word “radiator” doesn’t’ appear in the description.

I do wish they would correct the 4 driver misinformation

Outside of that at least the reviews are positive.

2 Likes

So agree with you and I didn’t mean to come off as trying to correct you. Binary was wrong to use that wording IMO.

1 Like

wanting to stand out using fancy terms :smiley: but that’s how genz works

It’s nothing about GenZ. It’s how marketing works.

3 Likes

Okay so i spent a good 1 hour comparing the two today. Dyna Quattro obviously sounds better to my ears. They sound more open and dynamic, but for the asking price, the 7hz Five is no slouch either. I absolutely adore how natural both the sets sound, Five sounds more bassy, has more punch and speed to the bass. DQ on the other hand sound more open, there is more air and better separation between instruments and vocals. Gonna spend more time and update more impressions to the thread.

4 Likes

I do like how Dynamic Drivers render vocals over Balanced Armature’s

6 Likes

Hi @Jaytiss , I’m interested in recreating that frequency response just for the sake of trying. What tips was it? Cheers.

I think that one was incorrect. This is the correct one and it was done with Divinius Velvet tips.

The nozzle is a tad short, and it was hard to get a good seal on my coupler.

2 Likes