Blackest, no hiss dongle dac to use with my 64Audio U12T

I’ve been driving my U12T’s with the apple dongle & BTR5 (2019).
I personally find apple dongle lacking a little bit of body to the music and i kinda lost it now.
BTR5 has an audible hiss.

So i am looking for a portable dac with blackest background/ no hiss at all.

the cheaper the better, but if the blackest dac costs $250, i am considering saving up to buy it too.

appreciate your advice. :slight_smile:

edit: Type-c to 3.5mm, i am on android.

I can not speak from my own experience but I considered buying a dongle dac aswell and Ibasso DC04Pro seems to be a solid performer.
Clean sound without any EMI or other noises apparantly.
Fiio KA5 was on my list too but seems to produce EMI noises with smartphone use.
Tanchjim space seems good too but might bee a tad bright depending on synergy

1 Like

this thing measures better than 90% of desktop dac amps and only costs 90$.

also this, top tier measurments and 70$.

1 Like

It can be a double edged sword when it comes to black back grounds…a background as quiet as a church mouse v’s some noise at low bB’s but amazing synergy at normal listening levels…U12t’s aren’t the most sensitive IEM’s or exactly cheap so might be worth saving up for the whatever is supposed to be the “blackest” but I’d take synergy over low level volume hiss any day…ymmv

1 Like

DC06PRO is coming soon (announced on iBasso’s Weibo page, will soon be announced on their FB page)

2 Likes

Any suggestions for ones with synergy?
i know synergy is a thing, but i do not know what i should be looking at.

thank you. Tanchjim space is what i found to be good measuring dac through ASR forums.

1 Like

Thanks, did not read about it before!
I wonder when the first dongle dacs with dsp will come out…Can´t take long anymore now that we are already seeing cables with integrated dsp function

1 Like

Announced today :wink:

I think it exists. E1DA PowerDAC V2

1 Like

chonky

2 Likes

Oh, you bet! I saw it irl, and it is quite chonky. Gets incredibly hot as well, but it’s using technology that’s few of its kind, and I heard it has a very unique sound.

It’s cheap as hell, something I’d recommend to anyone

1 Like

Sounds interesting for sure, will keep an eye on it on black friday :slight_smile:

1 Like

Btw, I’m talking about the E1DA. Idk if the creator gives any discounts tho, but it’s worth trying

I use my ifi go blu a lot with with my U12T and enjoy that synergy. I don’t even use the xbass and xspace settings as I don’t feel it needs any EQ.

I had this issue and ask for my Campfire Audio Andromedas and had a bunch of folks suggest the Quidelix 5k. They’re a notoriously hissy iem, so I bet it’d deliver here too.

I’ve been unbelievably impressed with it, dead silent, mountain of features, small, great sound, and relatively cheap to boot. I had assumed I’d have to cash out a bit to get something that delivered on dead silent, and frankly, would have overlooked something at that price point were it not for a bunch of strong recommendations from folks online. I’m glad I didn’t. It’s my Andros perfect match.

1 Like

While I love my go Blu I can not recommend it for black background when it is used balanced there is quite noticeable noisefloor with more sensitive IEMs
Do you use it single ended or is U12t just not that sensitive?

I use it balanced and don’t seem to notice any background noise. U12T might not be that sensitive since I can use them with my tube amps without problem.

2 Likes

Thanks for clarifying then it might be a good option of course.
I imagine the added warmth of go Blu to be a great match with U12t

I own both Q5K and go Blu but would not wanna use em as a dongle…
I’m no fan of something dongeling around but if there is something it should be as small and lightweight as possible

1 Like

Yeah, i already have a BTR5 that serves this purpose.

I was looking for something lightweight but with really good performance which i can carry around easily with my phone…

1 Like

I think tanchjim space it is then!? :grin:
Seems to be one of the best measuring and smallest devices while still having volume buttons and both 3.5 and 4.4.
Please buy it for the team and let us know how you like it! :grin:

1 Like