Blon b20 SSS problem

Hi…
I bought Blon B20 from drop.com
Two weeks ago and i love it sound
But it produces very sharp S letter sound when the singer says that.
I thought its a burn in problem but after days of burn in it didnt went away…i pared it with jds labs atom and khadas tone board …also my phone and laptob produces the same sharp sound … any advices ??
My first planar and i began to hate it
:expressionless:

1 Like

So, the blon b20 does have some sibilance and may emphasize the treble region where that occurs, and is a tad aggressive, so that sounds like it’s not a headphone for you and you might be sensitive to sibilance

2 Likes

i sold my m50x and 58x for this
Sh**t :expressionless:

1 Like

I’m personally not a fan of it, but some enjoy it, if you can’t return it hopefully you can sell it lol. I would give it a few more days to make sure, but from what you say it sounds like it isn’t up your alley imo

2 Likes

drop has a 30 day hassle free return policy, and the times i’ve used it, it was very much hassle free. Should you not like it, it should be easy enough to return and get a refund

1 Like

Canf do…i ordered it 2 months ago and delayed to reach me because of Corona virus

1 Like

it’s 30 from day of being received not purchase if that makes a difference

2 Likes

If sibilance with the treble is your only issue with them, you could try using EQ.

2 Likes

Ehhh, I experienced the same thing with fostex t60rp and as much as I tried to eq it out, it was never gone. Ended up selling them.

2 Likes

I’ve heard all the Sendy Aiva driver headphones described as treble murder a few times and that’s kept me far away from them as a whole. You seem to be similar to me where that “S” region can be too much to bare on some headphones. For me is the the fostex t60rp and Argon mk3.

1 Like

^^^ what he said…Get shot and get some Sundara’s :+1:

2 Likes

Anyone wanting to guess on what hz range the “S” hisssss is?
Hint on measurement.

Usually EQ:n it down a bit, depending of speakers since the high S really hit’s the ear’s if playing loud. Usually the owner agrees when pinpointing the hisss, do you like it. Nope. down

2 Likes

4 Likes

That 600-700 hz looks kinda concerning as well very similar to the m570’s resonance trouble spot but to a much smaller degree.

1 Like

It resists the eq .
10k peak would help before
but now same siblance.

1 Like

Well it’s all happening in ±5db range, 2-3 up and 2-3 down. Pretty much nothing, don’t know the concern would be?
But the +10db treble mountaint in the 3khz, tha’ts the hissssss.

It almost sounds like your headphone is faulty. i dont recall the B20 being that sibilant.

Isn’t the S region usually around 7k?

Depends on the hiss frequency probably…
But i was meaning the sound you get in the 3k range, like in the picture.
It can feel really painful if boosted.

" Human hearing is extremely sensitive at the high midrange frequencies, with the slightest boost around here resulting in a huge change in the sound timbre.
The high midrange is responsible for the attack on percussive and rhythm instruments. If boosted, this range can add presence. However, too much boost around the 3 kHz range can cause listening fatigue.

Vocals are most prominent at this range so as with the midrange, be cautious when boosting."

https://www.teachmeaudio.com/download_file/view_inline/112

It depends on the singer and their vocal range, also depends on the production, the range of typical sibilance is 5-10k imo

2 Likes