Blon B20 vs Verum One

What I said or what he said ? ye but i dont have a headphone amp so… shouldnt I be able to drive them with onboard? since they are only 8ohms ? like if I can drive 32ohm headphones 8ohms should be easy

Edit: oh ur saying cuz the ohms are so low it doesnt work as it should

yes

I could use 16ohm earbuds on my onboard tho but I guess 8ohm is too low, like under 16 ohms it doesnt work as it should anymore

Edit: ok so I won’t get Blon or the Verum’s now since I dont have an amp, got it!

The difference is that the earbuds are wayyyyy less power hungry and don’t need as much current to function. The power hungry verum takes much more current and puts way more strain on the internal amp

Alright so I’m getting a K371 then, unless my budget gets cucked so I have to get a K361 or a CAL!

Speaking of the K361 and the CAL! how do those compare to the K371? :thinking:

I was thinking of buying a used PC and a CAL! since V A L U E

Actually I guess all of them are good value imma choose one of them depending on how expensive the PC parts or the used PC if I do that is

Thank y’all for the answers ! :slight_smile:

Do you have an amp bro? I don’t remember if you had one or not

Nope, onboard life rn

mfw I go to the audio section on the store I use and I see this:

120 bucks :thinking:

The CALs are really good for the price. I’d recommend way more than the M50x

1 Like

M50x are the world’s greatest meme of headphones. They are so awful, I have no words (actually, I have too many).

1 Like

Cmon lol they aren’t as bad as people make them out to be tbh, there are plenty of worse things ive have tried

2 Likes

You never know give em a try people like em. I don’t, but my ears are dumb

The worst I’ve ever heard amongst well-liked cans and Iems in our collective hobby: Meze 99 Classics, Hifiman He-400i, Monoprice M1060, Audio Technica ATH-M50X, BeyerdynamicT90, AKG K240, Tin T2, Audeze iSine 10 and 20. The T90, Meze and M50x are top 3 for me.

EDIT: I am super picky though, especially with upper mids and treble. My tolerance threshold in those ranges is not very forgiving.

Everything’s going warm/dark. what am i gonna do?

1 Like

Get a headphone that is not warm/dark, there are still plenty out there

You know how I feel when I’d rather listen to a Grado SR80E over the headphones that I mentioned above…and I’m somewhat treble sensitive saying that, lol.

Here’s my take on grado lol

This isn’t to discourage people from buying them, I just personally don’t prefer them, although the ps500e is pretty decent imo

1 Like

Their website tagline says it all really. “Headphones and cartridges since 1953”

Yeah but all the best ones are warm/dark. it just seems to be a trend. and all the cool headphone startups are warm/dark. Audeze, Meze, ZMF, Dan Clark, Rosson and now Verum.

Some flagship level headphones that aren’t warm/dark: adx5000, ab1266 phi tc, final d8000 pro, any of the estats, zmf has some brighter offerings, DCA also has some brighter headphones (or neutral), hd800s, raal sr1a, Utopia, and more lol

I will agree that the tastes are shifting to a more fun sound now compared to a few years ago, but there will always be brighter high end stuff

1 Like

High-ohm headphones are often low-sensitivity, so they require more power to drive, so even if they don’t need high current they will still need higher voltage than some on-board can give.

Low-ohms are usually high-sensitivity (in-ears), so the power requirement is peanuts (you can drive them from a phone), but if the impedance goes too low they start to look more and more like a short-circuit, which means they will heat up any component in that circuit that isn’t designed for high currents. (Also since they need so little power to get loud, they come with more danger of causing hearing damage if you plug them into some “normal-power” device that was left at a high volume setting.)

The Verum isn’t very sensitive, it’s at a sort of middle of the road value, but its impedance is half of what you usually see on the lowest-impedance in-ears, so you can expect most weak sources (phones) to heat up more than usual while driving them, especially if you like your music very loud. The easiest solution for this is to get a cheap impedance adapter to connect between the headphones and your source device, and make it look like the Verum is more of a “normal” headphone, electrically.

2 Likes