Blon BL-30 Headphone

I’ve seen complaints from people with big heads, the headband is just too small and the cups won’t seal at all if your head is big enough.

1 Like

Just got them and they sound really hollow and muffled. Don’t know how much burn in is gonna help with it. That plus the fit issues i’m very disappointed.

Thanks for sharing. I’ll hold off for more impressions.

Funny, or at least that was my intent.

My Modern Retro has pads which cost significantly more than the headphone and is powered by an amp which cost way more, but then those significantly improve the sound as well as the comfort.

I didn’t even bother with the scratchy velour pads or the ill-fitting headband, so my first impression was with the comfortably fitted super-comfy XL Gel pads. It sounds great and based on some listening tests performs very nicely, especially at the low end.

Early days. Many of the folks who ordered these when they first went on sale through Linsoul are still waiting for them to be delivered. It’s also clear that there are some differences from the demo units sent to reviewers and while the 110 mm pad mounting plates are great, the pads aren’t and out of the box will only fit gnome heads.

This looked like a great headphone for folks who like to modify and the delivered headphone seems to be just that.

Nor do I, but I burn in all headphones before listening with 24+ hours of loud FM radio. A little patience makes this a non-issue and there’s no confusion about the short term physical changes compared to the psychological and long-term physical changes.

my pair just died

Edit: nvm it was the cable

so…when is someone going to actually talk about how they sound, rather than about the mod’s they are going to do or are doing, LoL! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

hard to listen to them when they dont actually fit my head. Here is how they sound: Mediocre at best.

Sound signature: Warm

Bass: The only good part about this headphone. A little bit boosted. Has TH900 levels of slam but isn’t as tight. rumbly and well extended. A tad boomy but not bad.

Here is were this headphone falls apart.

Mids: Neutral but boxed in and stuffy sounding. Also muddy

Treble: Smooth but veiled

Detail: Where?

3 Likes

I just got my pair today. These are at best a DIY headphone - someone threw in some parts and was like HERE YOU GO !
All screws were loose, hate the audeze extension pins, pads were Quite uncomfortable.
Threw on a brainwavz perforated xl and that fixed em. Bended the headband quite a bit so it can fit my head.
Sound is … interesting - warm, kinda bassy, with the perforated pads i get some decent highs, but detail is not great. Mids is where it falls short, but for a 100 bucks i can live with that.
They are … fine, i think one of the best sub 300 headphone out there if you like BASS and can get over the DIY build.

1 Like

I got mine and I love them. the separation is so good with the big drivers. I’m hearing a lot of detail. I’m not that great at describing headphones but everything sounds really good to me. especially for 100$ The fit is fine. pads seem ok. Someone on Zeos chat tried the suede brainwaves XL pads and didnt like them. I would also like to get a different headband for them. i want more clamp. I think I’m gonna try the Audeze headband. Anyone try them on tubes yet? it has a 150 ohm rating.

An obviously biased review lol

1 Like

Not to mention Zeos levels of LONG.

They are objectively trash comparatively to anything else in the price range. These are for people that like BASS only :slight_smile:
If you want a more normal and objectively better headphone - AKG K361/371/K702 and Any of the Beyers in the price range is quite a bit better.

Could anyone tell me what would stop me from buying an entire Audeze headband and slapping it on these?
I’m talking:

If you look at the comments under the No Theme Reviews video someone says they know someone at Blon and they said their putting out a new headband for the headphone.

1 Like

Admittadly, I had a hard time getting through it all. Had to keep coming back.

so reading up on these, they sound good, if you can get a good fit, which is really really hard to achieve.

I look forward to reading from the mod community on how they made these better to counter / compensate for that issue.

1 Like

New ship date for those that have ordered from Drop:

I noticed a rattle in my left earcup when I got my set of BL-30. I took it apart and found a plastic plug laying inside the cup. It fits perfectly into the back of the driver, the angle of the photo makes it look much smaller, I apologize. What I don’t know is should I put it back into the driver, or was it something that was in there for shipping the raw driver itself or something like that to keep it clean? Has anyone else seen the back of the driver of theirs? If not I can take apart the other one, was hoping someone else would have an answer before I did that.

Thanks!