Blon BL-30 Headphone

Oh wow mine didn’t have those o-rings. That plug does go in the driver but everyone seems to be removing it anyways.

1 Like

It almost seems like these were dust plugs when the drivers were shipped to the manufacturer of the headphones and were supoto be removed. Sounds alot better with them out.

1 Like
1 Like

There are some mods you can try i found on the head-fi thread. one is to take pull off the grills and they come off easy and pull out the plug in the center here:

\

Removes some of the darkness mentioned above in the video. but its not really dark more warm and bassy. but it has clarity. i love it on tubes

1 Like

I ended up canceling my order. Having mixed thoughts about trying again, but I’d like to see if a fix for the headband/yoak issue comes out, as from my understanding, that’s probably the biggest issue with these.

i heard you could email Blon for a longer band. So I tried doing that. Will update how that turned out. Also found this video:

Found this on the BL30 Head-fi thread:

1 Like

Linsoul sent me a new headband. it’s very slightly longer than the original (about 1/4") and bent at a stronger angle. Easy swap. Resulting fit is better.

2 Likes

I concur on, having removed the plug. Listening to IQ “The Seventh House” on mine powered by the little tubeclear reactor which is the xDuoo TA-01B.

Since most of my headphone mods have been removing parts, it perplexes me what compromise I’m missing since I’m fairly sure that manufacturers aren’t adding parts to make their headphones less capable.
As you don’t see in my photo, the wires in mine are far thinner.