BLON03 Making me question the rest of my iem collection

This has fantastic timbre.mids and tonality are exceptional…bass can be bit much for some old folks i mean on some people
My top 3 iem’s
1.Ikko oh10
2.Blon 03
3.Fiio FH5

2 Likes

I have them too. Pretty crazy bass for the price. Cable is trash and tips suck though lol.
Overall a very nice pleasing sound signature, super fun. I do think the bass can sometimes be a bit much though, when I put my Nighthawk Carbon on after using these my initial reaction was “where did the bass go?”, which wasn’t true lol. The Nighthawk have a good amount of sub bass. I think the BL-03 just had tons more in comparison that made me hear that way.

2 Likes

Can these be worn straight down? I’m browsing around for my first IEMs but im not a fan of around the ear style.

1 Like

Hi Isak ,welcome.
Most in-ears wear this way, when you get used you’ll see how this is more comfortable.

I get it but it’s just a personal preference :slight_smile: Can you recommend me some IEMs that can be worn straight down? (like ex. tin audio t2/3)

What price range are you thinking in?

A couple that come to mind are the Final e2000, JVC HA FDX1 / FD01, Sony MH755.

1 Like

Yes you can, but you’ll need to buy a cable that doesn’t have that stiff plastic molding around the ear.
I have one that is soft enough to wear straight down or over my ear.

1 Like

Trying this with mine now. It is possible with a straight cable. Because of the angle of the nozzle mine fit better straight down if I swap the left and right earphones. Wear the left in the right ear and vice versa.

2 Likes

You are not the only one who begins to questions his other IEMs, for I also share that same sentiment as well. I have owned the Shure SE215, KZ ZS10 Pro and Tin Audio T2 and man oh man, I still find it hard to believe that the BLON BL-03 blows out the SE215 and ZS10 Pro for me, that and the Tin Audio T2 go neck in neck in terms of the sound. Tin T2, I love it for it’s wide soundstage, neutral sound signature and it’s build the gunmetal appearance that it has gives it an elegant look. The BL-03, it’s the fun side of me in terms of sound and my god it is a damn steal for the price, I love it for its looks as well, the balanced sound signature it has, the simplistic look and of course with a bit of changing done to the cable and ear tips, my god it is one of the best sets of IEMs I have ever owned.

I have the BLON03’s and I wear them straight down. You just have to get a cable without the rigid curve like the Linsoul cables and just flip which ears you put each one in. I find them very comfortable this way. I also added Dekoni tips which are dope as well.

1 Like

I’m using Dakoni Bulletz on my BL-03 as well. The bass is bumpin’.

The Blons are nice, I have two pairs. But most of the new staff is waay better.

Still enjoying mine but I do have my sights set on an upgrade. What new stuff do you prefer over them right now?

I have Tri i3 (150 USD) and Ikko OH10 (190), that are on another level, waiting for my Shozy Form 1.1 (75 USD). Also have KZ Zsx, Trn V90 and Tin T3 these three are below the Blons ( I have two sets) . But new stuff is getting out every day… Difficult to follow.
Almost forgot, ISN H40 (200 USD), these have excellent comments from the owners, I’ll be getting a pair soon.

1 Like

Around 100 USD you can find Moodroop Starfield, also very well reviewed.

2 Likes

I’m probably in the minority but I don’t particularly love the Blons. I don’t hate them and I agree they are an excellent value for their price, although i think that is a bit overstated as most people end up swapping the cable and the tips. It’s hard for me to describe exactly why I don’t like them that much. They were good enough to replace all my crappy bluetooth headphones i was using for portable solutions but unlike my other equipment they are not something i was generally excited to use. I will say after upgrading to IEMs i really do like (IT03) i have a better appreciation for what the Blons offer. But they have been relegated to my workout iems and I can’t see myself picking them up over my it03s for my work day. Regardless I think they are a solid offering and definitely would recommend them to anyone looking for an IEM under 40.

I think the blons are alright, I would also agree they are nice but not my fav for the price range.

1 Like

The Zsx is probably more detailed, more soundstage, more instrument separation than the Blon? But the Blon just sound… More enjoyable?

Yeah most of those you mentioned cost a lot more than the BLON. Haha! They are such a great, fun value at $30 and proof you don’t have to pay a lot for great sound. I’m sure I’ll upgrade soon but I’ll probably never sell them. They will have a special place in my heart. I owned the ZSX as well and I agree they don’t compare to the BL-03. Or at least they weren’t my preference. How would you describe the sound of the Tri i3? Curious about them since they are a bit of a newcomer.