šŸ”· Burson Soloist 3X

boy so this is the midnight hourā€¦ Iā€™m need to decide if Iā€™m getting in on this at the good price or notā€¦ there are some goodies for early adopters I just wish I could get an impression from a reviewer first. I friggin love my 3xp but the GT just keeps calling my name.

Yeaā€¦ I went ahead and made the order for the GT version. I like the 3XP that I currently own but the GT looked really interesting to me. Not even sure I would sell the Soloist. Maybe just have it setup in a different space for use.

A post was merged into an existing topic: :large_blue_diamond: Burson Soloist 3X GT

i have a feeling passion for sound never really tried the volume control bypass mode or doesnā€™t use it for comparisons as it tames a bit of the emphasized treble that he talked about not liking in the XP. good review and it doesnā€™t make me want it less at all lol. he needs a passive preamp for iem testing to adjust the analog input voltage to attenuate the excess power.

the crossfeed is the only thing that really interests me (crossfeed on the phonitor x(e?) is pretty nice but i just hate that amp) but i would also like more inputs on my soloist as well. i have no doubt it performs better than the soloist but iā€™m not sure i care to the tune of $1000 on top of the soloist price.

Done :+1:

3 Likes

Can someone compare the v280 or v281 vs the soloist 3xp. Iā€™m planning to buy an amp this BF if burson decides to run some deals. There is someone else selling their v281 too.

Does the sound really change when the amp warms up??? I never had an amp for which i needed that. Then again i never had a Class A ampā€¦

Yeah it smooths out a little once itā€™s been warned up for a couple hours. Then last time mine was off was when we got hit by a windstorm and the power went out lol.

2 Likes

Donā€™t know. I never turned my burson off when I had it. :wink:

I am jealous of this new toy of yours.

1 Like

What do you guys think about pairing a Schiit Modius with the Soloist? I am hoping i will not need to get a more expensive DAC and my Modius will not bottleneck the Soloistā€¦

The Modius outputs 4V balanced.

Whatever you wind up with Iā€™d recommend also getting a douk U2 pro. Itā€™s done wonders on every DAC Iā€™ve plugged into it and Iā€™ve heard people say it helps with the bifrost so I would think the modius would benefit as well. The precision you gain from the reclock is pretty incredible for the ~$50 it costs and Iā€™d put it as easily the best value piece in my chain.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip, this one looks like one of those audiophile snake oil products at first glance! lol

I will take it into consideration and do some research on it for sure though, since it is pretty cheap i may just try one myself. Never heard of such deviceā€¦

I actually found it by accident trying to look for solutions to a ground loop I was having at one point and it surprised the hell out of me. I never even knew what a DDC was it has any clue about how much difference clocking could make.

1 Like

Holy Sh**!!! The sound on this thing!

8 Likes

Crazy how much better the bass holds together on the he6, isnā€™t it?

I actually had to return my HE6 to Hifiman because the right driver was touching the magnets, i will only be able to audition the HE6 in a month or so :frowning:

But man what these did to my LCD-X is insane! The bass is much stronger, hits harder and is more controlled, also the soundstage is just different! It is not wider i donā€™t think, but it is more immersive somehowā€¦

I have these for only one hour but the difference is not something i need to A/B at all! It is clear and easy to notice.

1 Like

Hp-2? I heard mine on the little brother playmate 2.

1 Like

Itā€™s the control. It makes the echo and reverb sounds that give you a sense of space way more accurate.

Shitty to hear about the he6. I wish hifiman could get their quality control sorted out. If you ever want to try one out again, I have a couple in reserve and if you give me shipping Iā€™ll send one out to you to sit on for as long as you need to feel like youā€™ve heard what it has to offer.

2 Likes

My first impressions with the HP-2 are that the biggest jump in sound quality in general was from the Asgard 3 to the Drop 789, the synergy was incredible then. With the Soloist i think that same synergy is present but not a lot more except from the soundstage, that same effect i heard on the soundstage on the LCD-X is present in the HP-2 but more amplified because of the HP-2ā€™s nature.

The difference for the LCD-X was night/day but for the HP-2 is mostly concentrated in the soundstage.

Maybe that means that the HP-2 does not scale as well as the LCD-X? Not sureā€¦ The upgrade blew my mind for the LCD-X but not for the HP-2.

1 Like