šŸ”· Burson Soloist 3X

I guarantee Lachlan firm P4S will getting one soon for review since heā€™s in their back yard.

Yeah. Australia is literally the only place on earth Iā€™d actually love to move to. They love jumping trophy trucks, dune buggys, 3000hp cars and thanks to burson, good music lol.

1 Like

Itā€™s been a while since I heard the SA-1 (it was already sold before the Soloist arrived). So I canā€™t very specific. But overall, Iā€™d say the biggest difference is the Soloist has a warmer, thicker sound (I consider the SA-1 to be neutral with maybe a slight lean warm). Plus more powerful bass impact. So it pairs very nicely with some headphones like the HD800S and HE6se. The Clear is a good pairing as well. But honestly I still slightly prefer the RNHP for the Clear since I find there to be better synergy in that combo.

In terms of detail, Iā€™d say the improvement was pretty small going to the Soloist. So I wouldnā€™t upgrade if mainly looking for that.

I also recently got the Super Charger power supply for it. I havenā€™t had much time with it. But so far my initial impression is itā€™s a small improvement. Though my opinion might change some once I switch back and forth.

@hifiDJ also did a good evaluation on the super charger, in case you want to hear more.
Burson Audio - Official Thread - #55 by hifiDJ - Headphone/DAC/DAP/Amp Brands - The HEADPHONE Community

2 Likes

really cool, thanks for that. now i got that to look out for. thanks for the link!

I have blindly pre-ordered the Soloist GT. Wish me luck.

I am driving TC and Susvara with the OG Timekeeper; seems like this is the proper next step.

3 Likes

are you using the speaker taps on the timekeeper?

Yup, via speaker taps

Looking forward to any thoughts you might have!

1 Like

It seems this is the next best amp below 1200$. I have the g111 and RNHP. I am thinking about buying this and forget about SS amps. What is the lowest price it can be found? Seen some at headfi used for around 900$.

DAC: BF2.
Headphones: T1.2nd, HD800S, Tygr 300r and HE5XX.

Edit: Added my setup.

If you buy it for the $1200 directly from burson or an approved seller (idk what qualifies as approved) you get a 3 (2 year plus register it through them for a bonus year) year warranty. I would definitely not pass up that warranty.

1 Like

Most I see is around $900. Saw one for $800 so maybe haggle closer to that.

1 Like

How does this compare with the Violectric V280?

I didnā€™t have it side by sideā€¦ i sold my v280 and kept the Phonitor E as it was a better match with more of my hps. I will say the Soloist is better than my Phonitor E with most headphones that I have except Klipsch HP3 and Focal Celstee. Soloist drives my Phi TC to solid levels and plays nicely with the clears, lcdx, and lcd3f. I donā€™t have the supercharger (was considering buying it) but did roll in 4 sparkos op amps. I may go back to the vivids sometime but itā€™s nice you can roll the sound profile a bit.

Iā€™ve always wanted a V281 to try with the added power but they never fall down to a price point I would buy it at.

1 Like

i sold my v280 and bought the soloist x3, i feel like the x3 just sounds more lively. its been a while since ive heard the v280

boy so this is the midnight hourā€¦ Iā€™m need to decide if Iā€™m getting in on this at the good price or notā€¦ there are some goodies for early adopters I just wish I could get an impression from a reviewer first. I friggin love my 3xp but the GT just keeps calling my name.

Yeaā€¦ I went ahead and made the order for the GT version. I like the 3XP that I currently own but the GT looked really interesting to me. Not even sure I would sell the Soloist. Maybe just have it setup in a different space for use.

A post was merged into an existing topic: :large_blue_diamond: Burson Soloist 3X GT

i have a feeling passion for sound never really tried the volume control bypass mode or doesnā€™t use it for comparisons as it tames a bit of the emphasized treble that he talked about not liking in the XP. good review and it doesnā€™t make me want it less at all lol. he needs a passive preamp for iem testing to adjust the analog input voltage to attenuate the excess power.

the crossfeed is the only thing that really interests me (crossfeed on the phonitor x(e?) is pretty nice but i just hate that amp) but i would also like more inputs on my soloist as well. i have no doubt it performs better than the soloist but iā€™m not sure i care to the tune of $1000 on top of the soloist price.

Done :+1:

3 Likes