Feedback for Buy & Sell Thread

There are supposed to be more, not that I’ve seen them.

Lol m0n is the only active mod, most of those people are more active in the telegram chat than on these forums. Unless they are doing a bunch of moderation and sysop work behind the scenes which I highly doubt, they should probably be replaced with active community members tbh.

Just take a look at their forum stats compared to some of the regulars. It crazy that every single mod besides M0N has less than 10 hour read time and barely any posts. Several of them haven’t even been here since last summer… Let alone posted last if ever. With a community that is growing as big and as fast as this one it’s ridiculous that there is only one active mod. Props to M0N for keeping this place running.

8 Likes

what is the ‘telegram’ chat’ you mentioned?

Zeos has a public telegram chat and a private one that you can get in if you support him on patreon

Most of the mods are active members in the telegram chat and his livestreams.

1 Like

Not a part of the telegram or discord lol (somewhat of a dumpster fire if you ask me)

2 Likes

Is there a site where the payment can be in a escrow style? would help with any legal issues and payment stalls

I agree. Lot of drama and elitism from what I experienced of both places.

Post count does not indicate a good moderator.

2 Likes

I would say moderating makes a good moderator lol

6 Likes

I dont see why this couldnt be a thread, its just funny that Zeos had a hand in creating AVexchange

Hey we just need approval lol, it’s not my site, I’ll just have to deal with it once it happens

No it doesn’t, you are right. But being active is required of a good moderator. From my experience the best mods are the ones who are in touch with the community and actively adding to discussion on a regular basis.

I agree with most of the sentiments here I think. Would think this would be a cool concept with trustworthy people and active forum users, but would prefer it to not be a site dominated by buying/selling personally. Also I don’t think it would be a good idea to roll it out with 1 active moderator either.

Yeah I think that if I were to implement it, it would only be able to be seen by the higher trust levels and also not be indexed so it’s not aval on Google or something. Essentially it would be pretty exclusive

Also every new thread should be approved by a mod (that might sound like a hassle but I think it would cut the crap, make sure nothings sus and everything is in order)

So personally after thinking about it I feel like a buy sell here is too much work for not much value, just use av exchange or head fi or us audio mart or eBay or whatever platform you want, you will most likely get more value out of it and have less trouble than trying to do it on hifigudes. That being said if there was an efficient way to sell things that was implemented, I wouldn’t be opposed

7 Likes

That tends to be the way other forums do it. I know the LTT forum has started making it so you have to have 100 posts before you’re allowed to post in their classifieds.

In the watch forums I use to follow it was 100 or even 300 messages. Also a minimum of three months membership.

yeh…Reddit needs 3 months before you can post on AVExchange.

I think you got the wrong thread. This is under site feedback. Here’s the other buy/sell thread

1 Like

Thank you!

I think you got the wrong thread