šŸ”¶ Campfire Audio Andromeda

I just bought a pair of used Andromedas. Strange thing is they are performing poorly off my phone (OnePlus 6T) which is odd because I auditioned this 2 weeks ago with the same phone but I was impressed then. This also does not seem to bother other Andromeda owners, saying they sound as good off of their phones. Mine is shouty and sibilant and lacks body in the mids. Off an FiiO Q1 amp or my desktop amp everything is ok though.

I donā€™t know the specs of the 6T headphone jack, but my recommendation is to get ifi iematch and just use that. Should help with any output impedance issues.

2 Likes

Uses a Type C to 3.5mm female dongle as headphone jack. Thanks for the suggestion, Iā€™ll look into those. It would look silly with the iematch + dongle though

https://sjc1.discourse-cdn.com/business6/uploads/headphones/cf3e5256ffe3d530bdde9ea0cc2541b2ab92c495

Daily EDC! With my Pixel 3XLā€¦that Razer THX dongle DAC is really good! But it is $20 if that is an issueā€¦the iEmatch I believe is $40-$50 on Amazon but is necessary with the Andromedaā€™s, due to their sensitivityā€¦no one likes hissy IEMs lol

https://campfireaudio.com/shop/andromeda-special-edition-gold/?utm_source=Campfire+Audio+Customers&utm_campaign=898798195e-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_08_05_05_47_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_d47edebc10-898798195e-432875737&mc_cid=898798195e&mc_eid=9bf0788eba

a black/gold limited edition

1 Like

Yea the 8ohm impedance is prob the only big thing(problem) with those, outside of priceā€¦ I was just getting propagandized from headfi on it.

Iā€™m currently thinking of selling my andromedaā€™s for some audeze in ears, what would the going used price on these be? Anybody interested in a purchase?

This are currently my three favorites.
From right to left:

FA 7ā€™s: For the fun factor (preferably in front of the CA Polaris 2)
Andros: For the puristic moments (and as a reference to compare other In-Ears)
Goldā€™s: For ecstatic enjoyment ( explanation see below)

Well, I start like this:

With the CA Atlas, I sometimes wished for some bass to be taken back.

At CA Andromeda I sometimes wanted a little more bass.

At CA Solaris, I wanted more compatibility here and there with different musk genres.

At CA Andromeda Gold I wish: Much more time that I can spend with him.
That describes it in a comprehensive way in which direction it is going.

The CA Gold is simply an independent in-ear that actually has little in common with the Andromeda.

The tonal tuning is not to be compared with each other, he has a completely sufficient precise bass foundation to carry the music at all times, not just this analutically correct bass of the Andromeda.

Which is why the Andromeda is often considered boring and cannot be used for every genre.
(I personally donā€™t really see it this way)

I personally find the balanced and somewhat withdrawn tonality of the middā€™s rather pleasant as weird, as crinacle described it.
Voices sound pleasantly reserved but always present.
The wonderful Agnes Obel, for example, with many headphones you have the feeling that she want to crawl into your ear in her recordings, the CA Gold creates a pleasant distance here, but at the same time a Neil Young with his rather thin voice is always present without that I have to use the volume control when playing the songs between these two artists.
Furthermore, I can at least see no discoloration of musical instruments.

And in the heights, Campfire Audio managed to get very close to the Solaris level.
I have a lot of detail, a lot of depth in the room and, unlike the Andromeda, also a fascinating representation of spatial height.
J.S.Bachs Toccata & Fuge sounds like youā€™re right in the church.
In addition, the voices as well as the instruments and the feeling of space are very well separated, so that it seems possible at any time to recognize almost perfectly where something is in the room and to be able to estimate the size of the room.
The song Little Room by Norah Jones, for example, triggers almost claustrophobic feelings.

In short, I am very, very satisfied and wish from my heart that the CA will do exactly this tuning of the CA Gold in an independent in-ear, or simply keep it in the portfolio.

It would be a shame to simply give up such a successful sound tuning.
Because the only reasonably critical voice that I read or heard about CA Gold in various reviews worldwide was that of crinacle, otherwise only positive comments everywhere.

That speaks for itself anyway.

4 Likes

Honestly same here. I have the andros and se golds. Love them. Use a pair of fh5s for the fun factor. Have a set of orions too which are great.

May I ask if you were able to listen to the gold once, or have you even bought one?

no - 10 characters limit

1 Like
2 Likes

Cool, it looks as if its tonality embodies the next generation. Letā€™s see if I can get it in Germany through my excellent dealer.

ā€žheyā€¦,

I am not sure we pre sold them all to Mixwave and they in turn distributed them all through their network in Japan. We are not selling any of them directly to end users. I have over the years become very close to the management at Mixwave so we wanted to do something special with Mixwave to celebrate our very close relationship over the years. I apologize for not making this model available globally. The tuning of the MW10 is my favorite tuning, ultra dynamic, so will consider it for a permanent version possiblyā€¦ stay tuned.

Thank you,

KBā€œ

2 Likes

Anyone know if the stainless steel version has a different tuning to the original green one?
:beers:

Yeah the stainless steel one is a little more mid centric than the standard one.

1 Like

Cool thanks for info buddy :+1:
Edited so a slightly more w shaped response

Are you thinking about grabbing a pair? :eyes::eyes: If so, I think it was a great step up after the FH7s

1 Like

Watching a pair :eyes: so maybe if the price is right :+1: just wasnā€™t sure about the SS version? I hope the slightly elevated mids donā€™t effect the sparkling treble?

So I canā€™t speak to the SS but the Greens are amazing! I canā€™t get enough of them and I couldnā€™t believe the difference from the FH7s :weary:

Pull the plug! Lol do it!