đŸ”¶ Campfire Audio Andromeda

It’s tough as I was going to the London Canjam to check out some of the higher tier IEM’s
that is of course on hold/rescheduled/cancelled? So I was thinking every IEM lover should own a pair of Andro’s so maybe that will be my main purchase this year till I can demo some other stuff (A8000 :smiley:) :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I have the CA Polaris 2nd gen and the Comets; the Polaris are so great and by far the best I have heard, so I can’t imagine how the Andro will sound.
I can recommend the brand and the Andro are on my list of next IEM’s to get.

1 Like

Ah, you’re going BIG! Lol and i love the justifications we make for ourselves in this hobby! But you’re not wrong. You deserve a pair of Andros! Lol so grab them both.

After weeks, I convinced myself that I need a DAP now, even though I have the Mojo/Poly. I was frustrated with the poly’s connectivity a few times when there was no wifi around or signal was a little less than desired, so this morning I just pulled the plug on the M11.

We work hard, we love music, we deserve to enjoy it lol

1 Like

That sir should be :pushpin: 'ed for sure #MON we need that lol :+1:

2 Likes

I have the Polaris as well and LOVE THEM! But then I got the Andromeda’s as well. So (of course source dependent), they’re not all ENTIRELY different. Of course the bass of the Polaris has it’s discerning factor, but it’s quality bass. Deep and clear. The Andro doesn’t have the same rumble but actually has a decent amount of bass and clarity. The biggest difference would be the miss. And I dont think it’s something that I noticed UNTIL I got the Andromeda’s. The mids in the Andromeda compared to the Polaris just have so much more body. Source/Music dependent, the Polaris kind of sounds hollow in the middle, if that makes sense. It never sounds bad, but it just sounds less full once you’ve heard the Andros

3 Likes

Sounds like I can help myself by staying away from the Andro :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

If bass is your thing, Atlas. :drooling_face:

When I finally made it to a CANJAM last year two of the things high on my must-listen list were Andromedas and Solaris. I was immediately smitten and ended up getting both (Solaris for me, OG Andros for my wife). I’ve got much love for Campfire.

Anyway, I don’t know about the SS Andros, either, but they do get a lot of love for being one of the better “remixes.” I’ve also got the Andro Golds and appreciate the extra bass, but I do feel like they probably trade a better overall balance for a little of the OG magic. In the big picture, they’re both playing at about the same level, though.

4 Likes

Oh dear the tigger’s been pulled :grimacing: shouldn’t have listened to you lot lol
the misses is listening to my FH7’s and she’s not bothered so happy days, they should be here next week :+1:

And @ $780 equivalent, delivered from and to the UK :smiley:

3 Likes

Good choice!!!
They look like 1st gen, is that correct?

Lokking forward to hear more of your impressions.

I’m guessing 1st Gen too?..These are supposed to be mint with all the bits and pieces, I was if’ing and um’ing about the SS version but I wasn’t sure their tuning would mess with that sparkle and they were auction, so managed to snag these at a good price :thinking: lol

1 Like

My guess is based on the cable (smoked gray in 2nd gen) and the leather case (green).
I have a thing for CA IEM’s, they look a sound great :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I blame #MON as we all do?..my next tier upgrade will be expensive lol
and to quote

:beers:

3 Likes

:thinking: lol

@Ohmboy Don’t second guess yourself. They are great iems, but because they aren’t the newest and latest some people dismiss them. There’s a reason Campfire has upgraded most of their iem line, but still lists the Andromedas right under the Solaris on their site.

3 Likes

Exactly; these were the most hyped IEM’s for a long time and almost all agreed on that.
I would have bought them as well and still want to :+1:t3:

1 Like

Just watched that gushing review. Can’t really argue with any of it. :laughing:

Congrats on your purchase. Looking forward to impressions when you get them in.

1 Like

Listen to @Onaha! I give him the praise for introducing me into the Andro world! :raised_hands:t6::raised_hands:t6:

2 Likes

I agree new doesn’t always mean better, it usually means different. Take Senn’s 6 series and Beyer T1 first and second Gen for example they’re slightly different takes on the original design and who’s to say which one is better? as they all have their loyal fans.

I’m glad these came up as I wasn’t sure about the other variants and thought the OG was the safest way of experiencing the Andro effect :smiley:

1 Like

Definitely seems up your alley as the treble is what stands out. Bass isn’t lacking by any means, but it’s not the focus

1 Like

Yeah, it’s hard to argue with that. Like, why jump into cherry or vanilla Coke before you try Classic?

OG Andros are an institution for a reason. The subtle tweaks of the remixes will all make more sense, anyway, with OG as a reference point.