šŸ”¶ Campfire Audio Andromeda

Havenā€™t pushed the bass much in Andros but they are just awesome as far as Im concerned all round. clear clean and wide ā€¦mind you my IEM experience is limited to Tin T2 and T4 prior to this.

Thanks Skedra. I really appreciate the offer for help. This is what I needed to hear. Unfortunately, I never get to hear anything before I purchase it, so Iā€™m really hesitant to spend more money on something Iā€™ve never heard.

Iā€™m still pretty new to the IEM addiction but Iā€™ve got the bug and do not see it ending anytime soon. Iā€™m also insanely concerned with finding the right tips for the right IEM and my ears. I know exactly what youā€™re talking about with going with smaller tips with deeper insertion depths. I actually prefer a deep isolating fit as long as there are no driver flex issues through poor venting design.

1 Like

Z1R doesnā€™t have that, but itā€™s a very large body so not everyone can actually deep fit them. Thatā€™s the main consideration about them. They are also quite hard to drive so a better source is a nice to have. Need a side by side picture with Andromeda or something like that? :slight_smile:

1 Like

That would be awesome. Appreciate it!

IEM addiction is real, been addicted for like 8 years now. In the future, to kind of stop the addiction a little bit, I would recommend owning like 3-4 with different sound signatures that you enjoy. That way once your ears get bored with one, you have another that may satisfy your needs.

Also the IER-Z1R has great and large selection of tips imo.

3 or 4? I have 4 on their way right now! lol.

I got the IBasso IT00 yesterday. ISN H40, KXXX and another Blon BL-03 for the hell of it.

3 Likes

Sorry 4 endgame level IEMs. Like having the IER-Z1R, U12t, Andromeda, Legend X as an example. That is what helped me at least or my wallet crying too hard. One of the two or both.

Edit:
Disclaimer: I do not recommend this for most people for financial reasons and it is not really worth having this many IEMs at this level, I am just saying that is how the IEM/headphone journey worked for me and kept me satisfied from keeping on buying so many more IEMs.

2 Likes

Gotchya!

Yeah, IER-Z1R & Andromeda are on my to-own list. Iā€™ll hopefully end up with both eventually.

1 Like

I had the Andromeda 2020 for a couple of weeks. You would have no issue with them regarding treble comfort. Theyā€™re noticeably more comfortable than the FH7 in that regard. Initially, they didnā€™t sound like a big step up from the FH7, but the more I listened to them, the difference became larger and larger. The tuning on them is superb.

Also, the Final Audio tips included sealed in my ear better than anything else Iā€™ve used. With a great seal, the bass was actually of a higher quality and quantity than the FH7 as well.

The one downside to them was that they made a deliberate tuning choice to lower the mids some, which has a few effects, but the one that stuck out to me was that drums sat further back in the mix than I am used to. Everything was clearly audible, but it is clear that the Andromeda was tuned to not have the drums overwhelm everything else. Apparently one of the 2020 changes was to make that less severe than it was on past models. It was a nice tuning for sure, but not one to my preference, and it certainly isnā€™t neutral.

Also, while I havenā€™t heard the IER-Z1R, Iā€™ve read a fair amount about it, and even plenty of people that love them have issues with comfort and fatigue. BGGAR said that he often has to take a break after listening to an album due to the way the treble dynamic driver works its magic, and those are his favorite IEM of all time.

2 Likes

Awesome! I own the FH7 and itā€™s right on the edge of treble comfort for me.

That is my main concern with the Sony.

Thereā€™s no way Iā€™d purchase the Z1ā€™s without trying them first :+1:

1 Like

Do anybody also own (or have owned) the IER-M9? Wonder how it compares to the andromeda. Deciding on which to purchase between the two

Cables do make a sound difference :open_mouth: when it comes to such low impendece IEMā€™s like the Androā€™sā€¦Iā€™ll leave this here but what is your preferred cable? @skedra et all :+1:

The Forza cable has a more rounded bass but the the highā€™s are a tad less etherial with the spin fitā€™sā€¦but swop to spirals and thatā€™s a so fucking balanced and rewarding listen :heart_eyes:

1 Like

@PapaEmeritus sorry for the delayā€¦ Thought i had replied. Hereā€™s the pic:

@Ohmboy I tend to roll cables on my Androsā€¦ Currently liking this copper on the pic above most :grin:

4 Likes

Damn those Z1ā€™s are almost HPā€™s :open_mouth: lolā€¦Yeah Iā€™m realising the Andros respond to both cable and tip swops :woozy_face:

1 Like

At this point in time I have more money in andro cables than in Andros themselvesā€¦

LMAOā€¦getting that way too :laughing:

That copper is next for me. Then some palladium plated silver afterwards :grin:

4 Likes

Crank on mateā€¦

1 Like

The Forza ā€¦4 strands of 26AWG cryo 7N UPOCC copper + UPOCC silver in semi-Litz mix does defiantly makes a sound difference 100%ā€¦Fuck Iā€™d never thought Iā€™d have a cable discussion lmao :man_shrugging:

2 Likes