🔶 Campfire Audio Andromeda

If you ever want to upgrade let me know :wink:

1 Like

Thanks skedra! That’s a serious size difference. Something to keep in mind for sure!

Funny enough, I changed the tips to xelastec the other day and the ier-z1r are now extremely comfortable. Used them for 5h straight today without issues.

2 Likes

Xelastec hype! LOL keep up the good work Skedra!

just got a pair of andromeda 2020 ver. in yesterday and I’m very pleased with them so far. Still doing some tip rolling to see what works, as of right now spinfit and symbio w peels work the best for seal and sound.

@Ohmboy are you still using the Forza hybrid IEM cable with your andro? what are your thoughts? I’m in need of a upgrade cable for mine and was thinking I’d go with one of these.

1 Like

No mate I went back to the OE cable, the Forza is a beautifully crafted cable but some how managed to effect the high end sparkle which is what I love so much about the Andro’s, however it did seem to increase the bass a tad all be it by adding some warmth :man_shrugging: it didn’t ruin anything as such it kinda added a very slight tube effect to my ears, if that’s what you’re after then yes the Forza Hybrid cable’s awesome.
If I buy another cable for them then it would be a pure silver one :+1:

2 Likes

On no, that not what I wanted to hear… LOL man pure silver is so expensive. Thanks for the info.

1 Like

Not necessarily… Pm me :smile:

2 Likes

haha I actually just bought a Plussound poetic series gold plated hybrid cable secondhand to try. If i don’t like it I will definitely hit you up, your work looks great :+1:

Interested to hear your thoughts on that :+1:

1 Like

Hey guys just got my Andromeda’s today and they are great so far. I bought these to replace the Solaris which was a bad fit for my small ears. Does anyone know the foam tips that are shipped with these? The small ones are perfect fit for me and when I compared them to my Dekoni smalls they are a little smaller and work better for me. I’d like to get some backups so any help with the brand would be appreciated. I think I heard they are comply but when I look on their site there is a couple of different styles (isolation, sport, etc…) Thanks

They sell extras on their site, assuming that it’s the same as their older foamies, I don’t believe that they’re actual Comply tips but some other OEM. They call them ‘Marshmallows’.

2 Likes

Awesome, I did see those but was thinking it was the comply ones for some reason. Thanks!

Hey @skedra buddy if I may trouble you…what’s your fav cable and source for your Andro’s…

2 Likes

So that is what Andro’s look like if they came to life…

1 Like

For the moment it’s a copper cable I made. Just makes it fuller and punchier. Source wise… Hold me onto that. Got something new coming so that may be the new favourite :wink:

3 Likes

Took some pictures of the andro with my new cable and player

7 Likes

@Towa 1 week and what do reckon?

When it comes to improving things, especially the sound quality, I am very eager to experiment.

Often you end up with very simple solutions, as in this case:
Campfire Audio models scale almost with their entire portfolio extremely clean and brilliant with the range of Audioquest Dragonflys and the cables sound perfect in the standard version except for the MV10.

In my case, I am using the Dragonfly Cobalt and have therefore found the final solution for me.

1 Like

In many cases, his assessment of the topic of earphone cables is correct