šŸ”¶ Campfire Audio Andromeda

Yeah the cable thing is a very ā€˜subjectiveā€™ very, very lolā€¦me and Chris donā€™t agree on this but we both love music and thatā€™s what itā€™s all about at then the end of the day, I donā€™t sell or hype cables but personally I can hear a differences when it comes to certain sets and cables :man_shrugging: vive la diffĆ©rence I say.

2 Likes

Placebo power my bro. :smiley:

1 Like

No sitting here on our barge A Bā€™ing not being paid, no hype, no incentive except what I can hearā€¦simples.

1 Like

Very good. I already liked the andro to begin with but between the new player and cable, it has really improved quite a bit. Most notably the lowend is a lot fuller now and the mids have become very smooth sounding while the treble has kept its nice extension and sparkle. Overall with this cable and player combo it has become slightly warmer sounding than before.

3 Likes

@Ohmboy, new source is here, and it immediately became my top portable for andromedas. Itā€™s the Lotoo paw 6000 (4.4 out). Finally a dap with 0 noise floor for them.

3 Likes

Nice :+1: My next IEM source may well be a DAP but I need one to be able to stream so the 6000 would be a no go for me :frowning:

I meanā€¦ Bluetooth to it from a phone, done.

Youā€™re jumping into the DAP World!? Yes! Do it! :raised_hands:t6::raised_hands:t6:

1 Like

DAPā€™s are certainly a very practical solution for transmitting high quality music to the headphones.

My problem with this is the time phase of the applicability of these devices.
Since they are dependent on operating systems, they are already given an expiry date, so to speak, when they are delivered.

In view of the high costs for high-quality DAPā€™s, that scares me a little.

For myself, I therefore prefer independent mobile solutions that I can then connect to my mobile phone, tablet or notebook and thus still be able to use in 5-6 years, regardless of the playback devices or operating systems.

1 Like

That actually dependsā€¦ You do have your LOTOO Paws, your Luxury Precision, and your WM1A/Z ā€¦(to name a few) that arenā€™t bound by eventually outdated software. Yes, maybe you give up wifi and streaming but the sound is next level! Itā€™s ONLY about the music with these kinds of Daps. And even then, my WM1Zā€™s Bluetooth receiver sounds better than my other Dapā€™s alone.

Theyā€™re a bit more costly but man, the sound is worth it. Worth the time to save up for these, or even trading/selling all of the gear for it lolā€¦

2 Likes

I do not contradict you in any way, these devices do indeed sound excellent.

But Ohmboyā€™s request was a DAP with WLAN connection.

And thatā€™s exactly why I raised my concerns. When I look at FIIO, for example, who still have problems streaming Amazon Music HD to this day.
Or look at DAPs operated in the special Android mode, the OS of which is only updated for about 3 years, but sometimes cost well over $ 2000, then I see a discrepancy between costs and benefits.

Of course, some of these devices also sound fantastic, but their ā€œfullā€ scope can only be used for a limited period of time.

The sound is definitely not the problem, but the ā€œfullā€ usability for a longer period of time with WLAN-supporting systems that need a supported OS.

Ah! I definitely looked over the WLAN necessity. Thatā€™s definitely a game changer and makes sense.

And I agree about the cost when the device becomes obsolete because of software/firmware after a couple of yearsā€¦ or the device starts lagging due to technology.

Weā€™re on the same page. I thought I would have regretted giving up the streaming capability but I donā€™t at all. Iā€™m very satisfied with the timeless player and when I get the itch to stream, I just use the device as the Bluetooth receiver.

But yep, totally agree. Temporary devices should NOT cost that much.

I personally prefer the non touch devices with very simple os (like a lotoo paw gold 2017, questyle qpm, etc) as they really only serve what I need them to and really wonā€™t get outdated that quickly for what they are used for, but the more modern daps that are basically android phones almost do worry me a bit

1 Like

In general, I agree with you when it comes to the sound quality of this music player.

But over the years i got lazy and then every time the music I had bought was transferred to the device via a PC or the memory card was getting on my nerves.

Because of the wide range of offers, the simplicity and meanwhile also very high quality, I finally decided on a TIDAL Master and Amazon Music HD subscription.

As a mobile player, I simply use my iPad at home, in the office or in a hotel, which has a very good connection with my various DAC / Ampā€™s with a musical quality of the highest level.

Apart from that, I switched to bluetooth players or earphones, the quality of which is now so good that even trained ears can barely distinguish, especially since there is always a background noise outside of closed rooms.

By the way, these are by far the brightest tuned in-ears Iā€™ve ever heard.

They are detailed monsters, but with the original cables they lack the complete bass basement and so it is difficult to ā€œenjoyā€ music with them.

So after many attempts I connected it with a $ 25 cable to get a reasonably balanced sound.

If you want to dissect music and really want to perceive everything that is going on (except in the bass section), these MV10 earphones are a good recommendation.

Andromeda 2020ā€™sā€¦ I do not have much experience with this but, Just wanted to say for me at least I find the detail is amazing and the range and spaciousness is unbelievableā€¦ They are by far the most spacious IEM I have ever tried. They were purchased from a fellow HFG follower (Thanks Towa!!) and are in absolutely top notch condition. Running them off my Asgard 3 and Bifrost 2 while at home and a tiny BTR3K / IPhone 11 pro while mobile. I have been searching for ā€œtheā€ sound for my ears for a while and at the moment I believe I have reached itā€¦ Still pondering a dap for mobile but it is difficult for the line of work I am in and being able to be wireless is kind of a plus. I use the stock tips as well as the smoky litz stock cableā€¦ Not much of a review I know but thought I would throw it out thereā€¦

6 Likes

Great pickup! Itā€™s certainly a fan favorite and one for great value. I hope you have been enjoying!

Endgame for the moment for sure

A stretch, but does it surpass any of your headphones in technicalities?

On these again tonightā€¦and yes I still love this set, their mid/treble soundstage is so open and enjoyable, :100:ā’ sparkly treble without fatigueā€¦with an iFi bass boast theyā€™re always a sonic pleasureā€¦a delicate IEM musical presentation for sure :heart:

3 Likes