Campfire shootout

His name is Chris @hawaiibadboy :wink: and one of the pioneers championing Chifi ā€¦which helps push/kick the arse of lazy high end iem manufactures resting on their laurels and lording itā€¦FACT
Love them iem wars :joy:

2 Likes

Whoever he is, Iā€™m a fan.

3 Likes

I had started to reply earlier that the Comets were a bad choice for classical, because they look just like my Atoms and I assumed they were the lower priced bass-boosted iems, but Iā€™m pretty sure thatā€™s the Vega. @dcofficehack Iā€™m not the biggest classical guy, but I do like a lot of acoustic music, and I prefer my iems to be a little bright and detail focused where I look for warm and relaxed for headphones usually. Of my more recent purchases, the JVC HA FD01 and the Etymotic ER4SR are pretty solid. I originally bought the bassier ER4XR and returned it because I didnā€™t need that extra bass. I modded the JVCs myself, and it was easy enough, but for $20 more you can pick up the Drop version that makes the filters a little more uniform than my gauze cutting skills allow. Everyone seems to love the Starfields, but Iā€™m personally not crazy about the Harman target. For $130 though, it seems to be tough to beat

1 Like

So I have had my orions for a few weeks now. Been using them everyday for an hour at least (mostly with my Shanling Q1 and/or iFi xdsd). Gotta say the midforward sound is my shit. People rag on these a lot for the treble cliff and lack of midbass punch, but they still punch in their price range imo. I really like these :stuck_out_tongue:. Will be getting a better dap for them soon, and we can see how they scale.

If you like eikons and clears, youā€™ll probably not hate the orions imo.

1 Like