Can we get a Verum 1 Headphone Official thread?

I wasn’t a huge fan of the aesthetic either tbh

It be nice to have headphone from where my ancestors came from.

1 Like

Reading one of the reviews got me hooked until they added a line for an update saying most horrible cust. service.

I don’t know, it’s all made by one guy, he was really helpful on the SBAF forums, my impression was that if you buy one one day, if you’re really unlucky and something’s wrong, you just don’t have to be afraid of a screwdriver, but he would be there to help you – or just ask for another pair.

Also, at the end of the last video, Steve (Guttenberg – not Zeos! haha), said a new, less pricey version was coming.

Yeah I forgot about Oluv’s review – and graphs (see higher). I also forgot, they’re really “versatile” headphones apparently (work well with a lot of pads). So, that’s not a problem.

Let there be cat-ears no more! :slight_smile:

Even if this headband is a replaceable upgrade like the new pads, I don’t see too many people going through the trouble of ordering it. But if it’s also intended as a beta version to get user opinions on, in preparation for creating a Verum v0.5 or v2, then it seems like just the right thing to do for a project that’s trying to stay cheap and high-quality.

I think this headband is for a different headphone or revised edition. The arms of the fork would not fit around the OG Verum 1s i think. They extend to straight outward and are not rounded in enough (allmost for any headphone). Maybe the ends will be twisted 90°, or cups will be shaped wierd?

Edit: Twisting the ends would be tough to do and strain the material to much i think. Maybe its just smaller than i think.

Don’t Z and Dms make threads? How is it that Z ain’t got his custom made ones yet?

I wanted to know from everyones impressions of the Verums so far, how they sound generally and also are the pads stuck on?

The Verum-ones have the best (to me) pads system ever… the pads come with a magnetic ring insert. slap it on, held by magnets. Get new pads? Move the magnetic ring to those. Easiest ever.

I’m not sure how to describe the sound; they’re by reputation Audeze-ish, with a bit more highs, so not quite as dark. Still generally on the warm/relaxed side. People who like them really like them!

2 Likes

Thats awesome the pad system, that sounds great, what’s the soundstage like?

I don’t get a lot of soundstage, but honestly I don’t get a lot from any of those big planar driver headphones so far. Maybe that’s my own limitation. They’re A “wall of sound” type thing to me. I do get a bit more positioning/imaging than “wall of sound” implies though.

Note, I use an attenuator to bring up the ohm-age, maybe “overkill” for safety on my Monolith 887 amp. But this seems to me a consideration, along with the general unwieldiness of these big things and their odd headband system. And the wait time getting them.

But I think the sound is great at the price. I have been lucky in the QC issues I read about, though also it may be that those are more of a thing of the past in general.

1 Like

They do have good layering somtimes though which can make them sound deep at times

2 Likes

That seems to be true of all these big planars the soundstage is small, M1060C open mod, LCD2, etc which is funny cause the T50RP Argon mod is super wide from such a tiny planar…

It sounds like a great headphone for the price and they look great, not a big fan of the headband but it’s unique and looks padded

Headband works well once you do the original set up… and so long as you don’t need to readjust it frequently for, say, sharing with others. That is, it doesn’t adjust easily on the fly.

I think the look is almost justified by its humorousness — though really I don’t care what it looks like while I am listening.

It makes sense to me that a smaller planar driver would give a wider soundstage.o do t have a lot of direct experience to confirm this as a rule, though.

These do take a bit of burn in (IIRC Garuspik said there was some kind of coating on the drivers that shakes off with the sound vibration over the the first bunch of hours).

The ease of pad rolling can lead to soendi g too much switching pads out, be warned! To my ear, they’re a serious bargain, still. I have not messed around with Phantom mods yet, but will be curious to see if they sound near as good as the Verum-1 once modded. Out of the box, no contest the Verum-1 is better imo. Still, with all caveats already stated.

2 Likes

interesting they sound like a gem then, ill have to look into getting some, which pads have they sounded best with so far?, and good to hear they’re that good out of the box and they’re a bargain. I love the look with the different woods

It’s not real wood – it’s a pattern on plastic, be aware. I think the pads they come with are excellent. I think the perforated lambskin pads that Verum Audio sells might be better, though they’re in fact slightly thinner… probably the best I have tried are the (more expensive) ZMF Universe pads. But really… for $35 the Verum Lambskins and the original, both, will give you very good options. The ZMF Universe just so happen to fenestrated lambskin, but thicker than the premium pads that Verum sells… so sort of the “in between” of the two.

(The Verum lambskins were originally $25, which was a TOTAL no-brainer, but alas that seems to have changed. $35 still is reasonable IMO).

Another caveat… I think the estimate I got was six weeks for delivery? It was maybe double that. And this becomes more time to read the forums and get tempted to spend more money. That’s all I’ll say about that, because I know you get what I’m saying.

They earphones came in the best cardboard-and-bubble-wrap tech. That is, the box was pretty crushed up and frightening, but the innards were fine. No case for the headphones. And… I’m just a random dude on the internet… so I hope you like them, if you buy them – you might not respond at all the same way I do!

1 Like

Thank you this really brought light to the verums for me I never mind waiting if its something good, when I bought my Argons it really showed that.

I love ZMF pads im yet to get some micro suedes but I keep hearing how amazing they are. Verums sound super reasonable they peaked my interest after looking into M1070’s and LCD variants

1 Like

Mine has gone to a trip for the imbalance repair since Oct. 2019, now is on its way back. I don’t know still how long I have to wait. Really miss it.

3 Likes

And there’s the other problem with the wait… if you need service. You have to pay postage and you have to wait again. Just the nature of the “basement business”.

1 Like