Can we get a Verum 1 Headphone Official thread?

(Youtube: Oluv Gadgets)
He loved these… his wife did not.
Me… I always wanted cat ear headphones so… :smile:

2 Likes

I just watched Josh Valour’s review of the Monoprice 1060c compared with the LCD-2C and a few others… he gets soundstage from the Verums. So that’s something. (Must’ve been before the “just don’t” video he did!)

One man’s wall of sound is another’s soundstage. (I can see the pad choices mattering a bunch, here, though I’d have to revisit, listening for that specificially).

1 Like

Thats definitely true with sound stage the DT 880 600 ohm I find that with yes it does have soundstage but also a wall of sound effect which im always on the fence whether I like it or not. Hoping to hear back later how you felt about which pads suited best, so far its between the verums and phantoms for me

Verum 1 graphs:

default pads

leather pads

1 Like

-“You can’t hear images”
-“12khz pickaxe highs”
:grimacing:

Excellent resuts with the default pads though.

Good old measurements from Garuspik himself (found on SBAF), vs. LCD2Cs.
This graph is similar from 200hz to 2khz.
More bass, less “air” than in the previous graph.
4khz dip is gone? Maybe it was pre-production. :+1:

Here’s a last one from RAA because why not.

Graph%20-%20Verum%201%20r%C3%A9ponse%20fr%C3%A9quences

Oratory1990’s graphs usually show a 4k dip thats why, also I bring great news!

I just talked to Garuspik on Zeos’s discord he seems like a nice guy with strong opinions and he showed me the Verum One MK2:

The new headband seems much much better, they actually look really cool now, I might actually buy a pair tbh.

Also he said there’s gonna be only one pair of pads from now on the leather perforated pads since they are more comfy and sound better according to him.

Verum One official thread when @M0N

2 Likes

I would make one, but I would want to get the permission from @Grobenotgrob to move the threads. I will move it if he is long gone which I think he is, but I will wait a few days

1 Like

Ok, ty, what do you think of the new design!? :smiley:

I think it looks improved, did they change the drivers too?

He didn’t say anything about the drivers, but he said there’s gonna be only one set of pads now the perforated ones since according to him they sound better and are more comfy

Oh and there’s gonna be a Verum 2 lemme find a pic:

Prototype ^

2 Likes

Hmm, interesting, seems promising

I am actually tempted to get the Verum Ones now, they look so much better now, and they are so cheap, and supposedly sound really good, they also measure really good

I considered picking up a pair a while back, I know people who consider some aspects of them to be very good.
But his Warranty/damage/repair policy is a none starter for me especially since they are shipping from the Ukraine.

I would be concerned about QC as well tbh. It is a small operation, but that’s just something I would take into account

I agree, and it’s not like there aren’t US businesses with the same policies, Eddie Current for example.
Just shipping to CA, I don’t have to worry about Customs, and I have more control over how they are shipped.

Oh wow thank you very much for all the pictures man.
Verum Ones always interested me. But my wallet disagrees. :stuck_out_tongue: One day…

Also apparently the Verum 2s would be the less expensive ones? Hmmm!

1 Like

Meh. Since then he said in his 4XX review that those were better. I’m not sure he knows what he wants, maybe he’s getting confused as a newbie to planars, but I don’t believe for a second that the 4XX is better, based on my 400i experience.

Yeah… with two fucking centimeters of foam inside and an EQ removing -10dB at 10khz. :stuck_out_tongue: lol!