Canadian made Headphones

you like the 880’s more than the HD600’s?

what do they have the Senn’s didn’t?

so…next question then.

whom else is there that makes headphones in Canada?

heck, if we want to roll it all into one…what companies in Canada make DAC and amps as well?

for amps, there’s Space Tech Labs and Maple Tree Audio…but that’s all I know.

Bryson makes a headphone amp and nice dac, you have wolf ear audio, I think simaudio moon is canadian and they have some good headphone amps and dacs. Although other canadian companies I can think of are more stereo gear than headphone

1 Like

Anything is possible.

Body, fullness, bass, etc. I will have to try the 600’s again. I think that by the end of next month, I will be getting rid of a few sets.

1 Like

Here is an interesting link:

1 Like

how the heck did you find that? I have Google-fu’d stuff like this so many times with little success!

sadly not much for headphones. :frowning:

Ah, I didn’t know resonessence was CA, but too bad they pretty much went defunct

I just googled Canadian made stereo equipment.

Not much at all:

https://www.madeincanadadirectory.ca/headphones-made-in-canada/

1 Like

wow…those Axiom speakers look le awesome.

anyone know how they perform, because they’re prices are very reasonable.

They are VERY good. I bought a pair of M60’s about ten years ago and still have them. I paid about $1K then and I think now they go for about $1,800.00. But they are new and improved. :smile:

Pricing is great when you remove the middle man. And that is why most audio stores are gone or going.

Not headphones but speakers, since I had to compile a list of semi prominent/currently existing canadian speaker companies (mainly hifi) for @Marzipan, this might be useful for someone eventually lol

Angstrom loudspeakers
Athena Tech
Are Audio
Arteluthe Audio
Aurum Acoustics
Axiom Audio
Bryston
Coincident tech
Eden Acoustique
Fidelity Acoustics
Fluance
Funk Audio
Focus Audio
Hansen Audio
Joseph Crowe Audio
Kanto
LaHave Audio
Lafleur Audio
Morrison Audio
Muraudio
NewForm Research
Ocellia
Paradigm
Planet10
PSB Speakers
RJH Audio
RL Acoustique
Reference 3A Audio
Song Audio
Totem Acoustics
Tetraspeakers
Unity Audio
Verity Audio

This should have the big ones, but there are some pretty boutique ones out there that won’t be included.

5 Likes

makes me wonder if there is a CDN forum just for CDN companies like this. quite niche, but it would have potential to become a neat community I think.

many hanks M0N, many thanks!

There are some pretty great smaller CA Stereo companies, but they are pretty lacking for headphones or portable audio for the most part

1 Like

well, add them to the list! :slight_smile:

or were you just referencing to the one’s already mentioned, like Maple Tree Audio and LKPR or do you know of more than those two?

You are the Guru! :+1:

2 Likes

They should all be Canadian, but I didn’t verify (a simple google search should confirm)

Perhaps another time lol, my goal isn’t to make a running reference list lol, and some of the manufactures also make some source gear

1 Like

but but…c’mon.

Much appreciated :ok_hand: could easily make a pretty sweet completely Canadian setup

1 Like