Chair / Desk / Table

Currently looking for a good chair, desk, or table for my desktop computer, amps, dacs, and cans.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

Budget? Location?

500 dollars. living room

1 Like

I mean your physical location, where do you live?

I don’t see the relevance in you knowing my coordinates.

Not all chair manufacturers ship globally =)
I am not asking for your home address, I am asking country/state so I can help you out.

3 Likes

California / USA

2 Likes

Seems like over 90% of the chairs that I wanted to recommend aren’t available in the US (perhaps there are dealers, but I haven’t checked).

This one should be available to you.

Kinnarps is another company, but I don’t think there are any dealerships close to you.

1 Like

Thank you for taking your time to help me!

1 Like

Hmmm … try ebay for cheap Herman Miller Aerons[0].

As for a desk, I’d look for a solid wood kitchen worktop and a set of four diy-desk legs[1]. I’d try to go for adjustable height ones.

0: New they’re excessively expensive, but they are good - I’ve got an Aeron at $work and an Embody at home. The later came off ebay I think.
1: Never tried these - mine is sat on the legs of an old glass desk.

2 Likes

IP Address and SSN please.

8 Likes

38.9523° N, 77.1458° W

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RXXQ1M8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_79MBMSQMB6XHJ2HVVVQ0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

The desk is insanely good. It’s rock solid, has a cupholder, a headphone hanger, fits my 4k 120hz 65" tv on it and the front curve is something I will never live without ever again. I paid like $350 for it and it’s $200 now. I’d pay $350 again if I had to.

ARENA FULL SURFACE DESKMAT | Arozzi North America fits the desk flawlessly including the cable holes. Im never going to find a better desk for me personally. I was worried about the 3 piece top but they did it right and it’s a non issue.

1 Like

Haworth, Antares, and Interstuhl are all companies that would fit into the category what you are looking for, but I couldn’t find them in the USA.

Upon a second search, I could find some Haworth chairs available in the USA:

Soji from Haworth seems higher quality than the ErgoChair 2

1 Like

Steelcase makes solid chairs. I prefer it to the HMs because i have a deep back curve and it adjusts to that. They come across a little more office-y though

3 Likes

If you’re okay buying used or office closeout or refurbished. Go for the top. You can find a lot of the Herman Miller line of chairs for around your budget.

2 Likes

Anybody know anything about these chairs?

1 Like

Specifically no, but most of the gaming chairs (including ones in the $1000 range) I’ve seen or tried are basically cheap junk in comparison to office chairs.

I bought a Recon Herman Miller Aeron for my Wife recently, I’ve never liked them because the frame causes a hot spot for my thighs, but she likes them an they last forever, I personally use a Humanscale Freedom chair, Steelcase makes good chairs.
The cheap no name stuff all just falls apart IME, buy something people actually use in real office environments.

You really do ideally want to try an office type chair before you spend for it, a lot of fit is very personal.

3 Likes

My friend works at Space X and swears by the Steelcase Gesture chair.

1 Like

seriously dont go gaming chair, the way they make those chairs are such bs. it’s pretty much the same design rebranded a thousand times for different companies and marked up in price by a shit ton. Zero r&d and effort is put forth in actually designing the chairs. It is basically a huge scam, but people keep buying the chairs so all these companies don’t need to actually try until the fad eventually ends or consumer get wise to the bs.

here is a good video explaining some of the negatives if you are interested.

2 Likes