Cheaper Sendy Aiva?

I know not a lot of people are a fan of this guy but he highlights an interesting business practice in the audio world that before now I wasn’t aware of

2 Likes

Thanks for covering this Rice, I was debating on if I should post this one too, 450$ is not bad, if its closer to the sendy compared to the takstar then I can see a big win! I’m kinda out on suspension straps though, most of them make you look really dorky so that is a pain point for me,on this one as that’s a really big one.

I love suspension straps while yeas they make you look dorky I wouldn’t take these boys outside either

1 Like

Lol true that, walking around with my old monoprice retros scared me so lol

I walked around with my k240’s works oddly well with my usual street wear. Usually a rap t shirt, khakis and a timberlands

I never claimed to by styling either, that would work though. :smile:

I’m still skeptical (as I always am), because I wonder if it’s just the takstar hf580 in a nicer body. The price is too close where I would just consider the hf580 or the sendys

I love my HF 580s. With a cable mod and different pads, it alleviates a lot of the issues with weight/comfort and sound. I don’t have an Aiva to compare with, but i’ll just say I have no use for the 58x once I modded the HF 580s. Increased bass, detail, fun, I just prefer the Takstars.

I’d expect the B20s to be more like the Aivas, without the fancy cable and a generic headband. A replacement cable for the Sendy Aiva is $240, and the B20 definitely has a cheaper cable.

Also Sivga has had these on their site for months. Who knows if they will ever be released.

Now on Drop for $360

Saw that too. Could drop have been holding out on the sendys for this??? Conspiracy???

But really this is a better price for this, and something that might make it more competitive with sendys imo. 450 was too much imo where you could just get the sendys instead

1 Like

Agree. Besides, sendy is hand-made. I’d like to see more reviewers doing the comparison of these two cans. But now people can choose between phantom and a clone sendy in the same price range.

All the hype trains have been driving me crazy recently. I want to get in but know I’ll be disappointed. I have enough audio stuff and don’t need more middle of the road gear

Also don’t know where I could listen to them and see what the hypes about, so another turn off for me

I just bought these on drop. they droped 10$ to 350$ I’ll let you guys know my verdict. But bad guy good audio already said he’d A/B’ed them and there was no difference. I’m really pissed about this lol.

A cable a case and nice packaging does not equal 250$. Those things just dont matter to me. I just care about sound. dont care about build quality. dont care about comfort. and i certainly dont care about the box. I think headphone companies should play it as cheap as possible. if not let the more hungry companies come out with headphones that are same or better sound quality for half the price or more.

If i check the B20’s and their the same im gonna send the Sendy Aiva’s back.

Can someone tell me what happened to Sendy? Did these headphones fail and they sold the design away? wth?

Hey, Z just reviewed B20 here : https://youtu.be/zBt8Ly0AEHs

But he didn’t have aiva when he did the review. Basically, they sound quite similar, but B20 has slightly more soundstage He doesn’t sure whether the pads do this. But from other reviews i saw and my experience, i think swapping the pads on aiva does improve the soundstage without trading off the details or clarity. (I swap my stock pads with brainwavz angle pads. And i’m quite happy with the result).

Aiva is handmade cans. Pretty sure B20 is just manufactured by machines. And B20 only comes with 3.5mm cable, you still need to buy a new cable if you need balance.

I think bad guy is doing okay reviewing IEMs, but he’s doing headphones with a portable dap(fiio f11?). I’d rather watch other reviews comparing the sound of the headphone with different desk dacs/amps.

I don’t think sendy fails. We don’t know whether the sendy sells their design to other company or not. According to the company, they said the major issue for making Aiva is that it takes 7 days to make a set because of lots of handmade process involved. Also, having the clone design for chi headphones is very common. You should take a look at some Chinese website, they sell many clone models, like Beyerdynamic(T1), Hifiman(HE1000), Audeze headphone, …, under 500USD. Maybe these companies are just good at doing reverse engineering and making another clone. Still, many people praise the sound of the clones.

But I’m really appreciated sendy spends time and effort on the aiva, and I am very enjoyed with my set. Would like to see more Chi company making something like Aiva instead of just making another clone.

The upcoming m570 is even closer to the sendy in terms of design and is around 300 usd

I checked on the m570 and it says its sold out. I guess that driver sendy uses is really traveling lol. it is a very good driver for the price. i cant blame Monoprice.

i’m still confused though on who makes the driver. Was it Sendy or some other company that started selling it to everybody. Or is it cloned?

It’s not out yet, its an upcoming product

M570 looks very interesting. Have the same spec as aiva.
But I notice that m1070 weights 580g, and m1570 is 700g. That’s really crazy…

Yeah if you check out the new monoprice headphones thread, they came out with some surprising stuff

Have you seen the price Sendy charges for its Balanced cable? Its 250$. Thats ridiculous. Is it made from gold? Its just copper and metal. I found a cable for 45$:

It still seems to expensive to me lol. Does anyone know of a cheaper balanced cable for the Blon B20’s?

Why are they hand making them lol? Likes its the 1800’s. They should have them manufactured. They’re headphones not antiques. I’ve never seen an industry so pretentious and inflationary.

I’ll take a cheaper clone over a overpriced peacock any day.