Chi-fi Champs (IEM)

The Guideray GR-i is really good too.

KZ ZS10 Pros + foam tips for a good seal = :+1:

4 Likes

Eh i tried the guiderays and the V90 are better in basically every way

That’s crazy, good looking out, I’ll have to try the v90, I was also seeing the AUGLAMOUR T100 due to the driver, the blon and the fearless offerings, those are the ones I’m keeping my eye on atm.

BLON 03 are my gaming iems, KZ ZSX are my music iems, and V90 are my basshead iems. V90 has more engaging bass and zsx has more engaging treble. BLON have the best positional accuracy in gaming. ZSX have the best separation and soundstage. V90 are slightly smoother than the ZSX.

what Chi-Fi IEM’s come in at better prices but are equivalent to the Final Audio E4000’s or the Etymotic ER2, 3 and 4?

ZSX is good, I gave them to my friend tho due to fit issues, too bulky for my ears, I did like the treble when I got used to it though. A little harsh or sibliant, but is really good at bringing out the details. My pairs I own are OH10s and the Guideray.

I’ve got small ear canal’s…so fit is an issue. hence why I mentioned IEM’s that fit small ears :wink:

The Fiio FH7s have changed Chi Fi for me. It’s been extremely hard to look back since I got them! :cry: Every time i think about something new, I have to compare them to the FH7s and I usually come off of the ledge quickly

2 Likes

BLON 03 are by far the most comfortable IEM I own. Love the KZ ZSX but I can only wear then for about an hour.

I know exactly what you mean. I just got my FH7’s about two weeks ago and I don’t know if I want to put anything else in my ears. Total game changer for me! Next thing I want to try out are some piezoelectric IEMs, but I’m really in no hurry. More a curiosity if anything.

1 Like

so no Chi-Fi copy cats of the Etymotic form factor?

Reckon Stevie Wonder Chen is working on them right now lol.

There probably have been, but I don’t know if they would be as refined as the ER4XR or whatever other Etymotic you are looking at

The Rose Mini MK2 has a tiny form factor

Received a pair of the GuideRay GR-I58 today, and finding them quite lovely. A slightly laid back sound, more bass heavy than treble. But not bass cannons. Listening to Tool - Right in Two currently, and these are really making it enjoyable. Currently around $50 on Amazon. Shipped from China, so it will take time if you order. Not going to claim they’re “champs”, but will suggest they could be a nice alternative to the usual suspects.

I thought it was just me for awhile! Glad to see somebody else has them and is enjoying them! I can’t put these things down… even after a month. I need to know more about these piezoelectrics that you mentioned!

Unfortunately I have no reference in sound similarities regarding IEMs with piezoelectric drivers. It just sounded weird enough for me to try out. There are a couple I’ve been keeping an eye on (BQEYZ Spring 1, LZ A6, LZ A6mini, and NiceHCK N3). I’m gonna wait for Singles Day (11.11) to see if there are any sales on AliExpress.

Z put out the review before the Drop ends