Comfy headphones for hip hip, movies and Twitch streaming?

$165 on Amazon used. This eBay seller selling brand new; 100% rating with over 2000 transactions.

1 Like

HAHAH, some forums are really touchy about sales/affiliate links. I just want all my peeps to get the best damn deal they can find on really great stuff!

I am not even sure this forum has any writen rules. Gentlemens rules & donā€™t be a dick, that is all.

Keep doing it kind sir!

Would try them again, sounds like you just got very unlucky with the first pair.

So it actually can be fairly common from what I have seen to get a ā€˜badā€™ pair of K371. The QC is sometimes a little iffy. You could try a different pair and see if it does anything different.

Yeah, the outer line of the pads look messed up. It isnt flushed up and snugged against the headphones.

Plus I did not like that Amazon shipped in the AKG ; No privacy, no protection, nothingā€¦

Besides that, I do hear better quality on my laptop than my smartphone so it might be my smartphone I guess.

The bass on the laptop is a bit worst than then DT 770 Pro but IMO acceptable. They do seem better comfy wise than the DT 770 Pro.

I do have to ask out of ignorance: Wouldnt on ears (such as Beyerdynamic Aventho wired) be more comfy? Way less hotness (to none) and good audio quality? I dont care if people from the outside hear plus Ill be using these headphones in my home most time.

Actually on ears tend to be less comfortable, as they put more pressure directly on your ears. And they keep more heat in. The 1More Triple Driver which are on ear were way less comfortable than the DT770. If we talk purely about comfort, I would take the DT770 over on ears every time.

Just for reference, what phone and what notebook are you using?

Depends. On-Ears like the Koss KPH30i can be comfortable, Sennheiser HD-25 or 1More Triple-Driver worn for long sessions will likely hurt.

In general, open-back headphones are less hot than closed backs.

@riahc3 I have an idea. Are the Audioquest Nighthawk Carbon available for a good price where you live? Here in the US they are 250USD and they are my favorite headphones ever, they are really good for hip-hop and rap in my opinion. Extremely comfortable, never get hot since they are semi open, and they donā€™t need an amplifier at all and are so easy to drive I run them off my phone. I also love them for movies. They make you feel like you are in a theater, they sound so big.

Nope, the dont see to be avaliable in europe :frowning:
A bit high anyways

Well if open-back headphones are better, then any suggestions?

Open backs arenā€™t necessarily better, they just usually have a more lifelike sound and breath better with more comfort. The downside is a lot of sound leakage disturbing other people, and other people disturbing you with no isolation.
Most of these recommendations are going to be closed back. Perhaps you may like the DT770 250 ohm paired with a good portable amp/dac like the Fiio BTR5 for budget, or if you can find a used XD-05 or XD-05 Plus that would be even better for powering them.
Thereā€™s also the Sony MDR-1AM2. A little expensive but they have a really nice bass response. Closed back but really comfy.
I think the 1More Triple Driver were mentioned. These are on-ear, not over-ear though, so the comfort may be hit or miss. But if you do end up finding the comfort to be good enough, these have amazing powerful bass and great clear treble, not sharp at all. If you could pair these with a BTR5 bluetooth amp/dac it would be a really nice combo.
For open backs, if you can find the HD58x on sale somewhere, used possibly, they are very nice. Not much that beats them for the price, especially for open backs.

The DT770 Pro generated WAY too much heat for me comfort. I dont wanna get a amp but even so, the heat was my main issue.

I cant find the Sony MDR-1AM2; Only Sony MDR-1AM2S and Sony MDR-1AM2B

The HD58x are not avaliable for me.

The Nighthawks are available for circa 300 Euros from Amazon ukā€¦

Thoese are sadly not available for me.

???

I like the cooler master mh751

1 Like

Im not gonna buy from eBay.

Those look kind ofā€¦tacky

I cant find the Sony MDR-1AM2; Are the Sony MDR-1AM2S and Sony MDR-1AM2B the same?