Comfy headphones for hip hip, movies and Twitch streaming?

I’m a firm believer through personal experience of getting the best bang for your buck and the more you pay the better you get. So i suggest going for the 300-400$ range of headphone if you really want great sound.

And of that range i think the verum 1’s 350$ are really up your alley. Since you like hip hop the bass on these are great and the midrange vocals are great. they are a little recessed in the treble. but it should be ok. they come with a 3.5mm plug so it will go eight into your phone and they are extremely efficient. volume shouldn’t be a problem. but if it is why not get a cheap 20$ dongle amp for your phone and laptop? They are large cup over ear open backs, so heat shouldn’t be a problem either. they ship from the Ukraine direct from the factory.

If your willing to strech your budget to 350$ the hifiman sundara are very good. The Sundara has really good midrange vocals and bass. treble is fine here. they have a 3.5mm plug and a 37ohm impendance, so should be ok on your phone but may need a little amp. they have a big cup and open so heat shouldnt be a problem.

But Koss headphones sound really good. its easy to underestimate them. maybe you should get a pair in case your ears are still getting hot. their so cheap and you can switch over for overheating. the best koss is the ksc75 at 13$ (i know its cheap but wow do they sound good they used to retail for 40$) and if you dont like the mounting on it get a headband from a cheap pair of headphones and replace it. also the Prota pros sound good for you or the kphi30

you can cannibalize a pair of heaphones for the ksc75 like these, or you might have a pair of old light headhones you can use:

Theyre all matte black…and super comfy. Lol
Don’t wanna use the mic? Take it off. Different cable? Switch it. For under $100 they’re my pic for closed.

Trying on monday a DT 990 Pro…

1 Like

Ok I’m using the DT 990 32 as I type

Way better vocals…nothing to do with the akg.

Bass is nice

The heat feels a lot better than the dt770 a lot more comfy.

They feel a bit heavy.

I’m using them in public (not their regular usage) and I can indeed hear outside noise (normal) but don’t mind much

Volume still seems a bit lower than id like (better than the DT 770 250) but I blame that on my smartphone.

hows the treble on it?

Dont know what exactly treble so wouldnt be fair to give my opinion.

The bass is nice; Less punchy then the DT 770 but thats because of the open back design.

Treble is the high end/highs

Like I said, wouldnt be fair to judge.

Same same. 1AM2 S (Silver/Grey), 1AM2 B (Black).

So far, they are good.

They miss that punch from closed backs but I sacrifice that for the heat. They feel a lot more comfy.

The sound is good enough for me.

I haven’t tried any on ear which I am curious for. Maybe they are even more comfy. Do you guys have any recommendations? Or should I stay with the DT 990?

That’s interesting you say you don’t think you are getting very much punch. The DT990 are known for really good bass and are actually very high quality sound for the price, very excellent.
Perhaps if you want more bass punch, you might want to think about getting a good amplifier for them.
The other option might be to look at something a little higher budget that has more bass impact while still being open back for good comfort. Let me see if I can find some good recommendations…

Im actually thinking of trying on ears…For comfort.

The DT 990 are better comfy wise but…

On ears are less comfortable, because of more pressure on your ears, and less distributed around your ear. They also create more heat, and therefore can get sweaty easily. On ears are not more comfortable.
If you really do want to try some on ears, I could come up with some recommendations. But remember they are not more comfortable, they are less comfortable.

Well depends on your sensitivity to that type of weight distribution , pad material and clamp. On ears can be more comfortable for those that can’t stand over ears cause of how warm it makes their ears

I guess so. That is true, everyone’s ears are different.

Ive used lower quality on ears all my life…Non adjustable bands, foam based protection, etc…And never had any issues with them.

Ive never had any sweat issues.

I used thte PMX 60 without any issues for years.

@riahc3 Well, there are certainly some on ears I could recommend. Remind me what sound signature you are looking for again? Anything in particular you want? And what’s the budget?

Tupac sounds really good on the k371. You’d really enjoy those. I use ambitionz az a ridah as a test track.

Im looking for hip-hop oriented ones. Im gonna be use it for listening to hip-hop music, watching movies and streaming on twitch

Thats a horrible test track in 2020