🔷 Cooler Master MH751 / 752

This is the official thread for the Cooler Master MH751 / 752. This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• Over Ear
  • No Amp needed
  • Closed Back

:red_circle: HifiGuides Amazon link

Reviews…

Z Reviews

3 Likes

I got the MH752 after buying the KSC75, and sold out to the word of Zeos, which turned the Sennheiser headset I had at the time into a desk mic. The MH752 worth every penny IMO, I will say, however, I add a 1-1.5DB boost on frequencies under 80hz using equilizer APO when I’m gaming at a lower volume that I’m not playing seriously. Payday 2 soundtrack sounds money through it everything I put it through sounds great. Pushed it as hard as I could just to see how loud they got, I got to 3 o’clock on high gain with my ODAC/O2 amp before I noticed distortion. Don’t know if that’s the amp/dac or the headphones themselves, but it was LOUD! I may or may not have taken it to 2 o’clock on high gain for gaming/listening to music on a couple occasions. Another note, I’ve never had a pair of closed back headphones, my Sennheisers were open back and obviously my KSCs are, switching to a closed back was interesting at first, when no one on Discord is talking and I happen to not be playing/listening to/watching anything. I can hear my heartbeat and it was jarring at first, easily remedied by putting something on while I’m wearing them. This headphone is the first one I’ve ever positively perceived width, which suprised me. :star::star::star::star::star:

I bought the MH751, but they where faulty, so I had to return them.

They did sound good, but my friends on discord could also tell…
The output from them, leaked into the input for some reason.
So my playback could be heard on discord.
At first, I thought it was the mic picking up the output, so I disconnected the mic(On the headset), but it continued to transmit.

I couldn’t find anyone that could check, if it was a general design problem, or just a faulty unit, so I returned them for a refund.
Which cost me ~13$ in shipping. :sob:

1 Like

Hi. I needed to replace a cheap gaming headset that broke and I happened upon Z-reviews… AND thank god I did. This headset is just stunning for the price and I think Zeos was right to get so excited about it in the review. I’m sure many on this site will say that a really amazing Planar headphone or a snazzy open back will completely out-class these headphones, but I would say that the MH751s have completely out-classed every other headphone under 100 bucks I’ve owned. I thought these were great value after gaming in them, but then I tried plugging into a little portable headphone amp (not required, but they do really shine with a little more juice) and listening to some of my favourite tunes. Fk-a-doodle-doo did they blow me away. I’ve tried so many genres and they just satisfy. I particularly like how they present old R’n’B and Blues music and they really do female vocals justice. Then I tried a Haydn Symphony and Crikey!.. they even do classical music justice. In fact, if you have already bought this headset and are looking at what people say about it, please try listening to these through them … PEACE >

Irma Thomas

Electro

2 Likes

I first heard about these from HardwareCanucks which I watch only for entertainment value.

So naturally I brushed these off. Then I see Z’s unboxing, then I go back and look for Z’s actual review. Then I see Z’s written review on Amazon, then the purchase.

I have yet to experience any issues, as I’m very satisfied with these.

1 Like

Just ordered a pair to replace my CB-1 and Hyper X Cloud 2. Can not wait to try em out. Will be editing this on Friday when I get the cans…

Edit: Just got them in, holy hell I’ve never had a headphone that was just comfortable out of the box. In terms of comfort I’m more excited to wear these than I am my HE400i. Will update again later when I have a chance to really sink into em and listen for a while.

Edit Edit: Yup. They’re solid. They replaced both my CB-1 and Hyper X Cloud 2 in a couple hours of listening.

Mic is also shockingly good, I’d say on par your average phone call. Definitely better than most mics attached to headphones. But if it’s not your thing, yes, the v-moda boom pro works with this headphone.

1 Like

These sound really good. I’m driving these with the USB amp thing. But still, some say it sounds even better if you plug them into something with more power. I’m planning on buying these for that: https://www.amazon.com/FX-Audio-Optical-Coaxial-Amplifier/dp/B072JJT7SF

Sound can leak into the mic but honestly that’s not a huge deal for me. I have to have the mic very close to my mouth and the volume turned up really high for that to happen.

One more thing, I installed Peter’s Equalizer APO and copied metal571’s configuration. I can listen to music without the EQ but sound becomes more natural and less sharp with EQ.

Headphones themselves have their own EQ program, but I mostly use it to adjust bass and treble. I have everything else on a flat 0.

1 Like

I really like them. They beat the pants off of the ATH-M40x in comfort and isolation. They are a sliver fatiguing, so I’m waiting for an AutoEQ profile before I put them into my main rotation. Hopefully Rtings reviews them soon so the measurements get posted.

Haven’t tested the mic.

1 Like

Bit of a specific post here, but I recently found that the tiny screw on the underside of the horseshoe shaped part that attaches the ear cups to the headband had come loose on my MH 751s. It’s impossible to get a screwdriver into the small gap between the screw and the cup, so I fashioned a incy-wincy screwdriver by using a disc cutter to shave a smidge off of one of those small hexed metal driver attachments so it would fit in the gap (the ones that fit magnetically into omni drivers/screwdrivers with a magnetic opening at the end for driver bits). It needed to be a pretty small philips head as the screw is small, but it worked. Hope this might help someone that has the same issue!

2 Likes

Hey where did you find metal571’s configuration? At the moment I’m experiencing the same thing where it sounds very sharp and I would like to make the MH751 sound more natural.

I know I am a bit late to the party but I just recently got these new headphones as my new replacements, after an unfortunate accident that happened to my M40xs being broken by my little brother via accident. It is so far satisfactory and man the earpads of these are way better than the stock M40x’s pads (though I already change the pads of it while it was still working back then.) and sound wise, I think it is more like a neutral and relaxed version of the M40x correct me if I am wrong and the mic of this one is pretty good not as close to my condenser mic in terms of high quality but the mic is clear enough for my friends while we are voice chatting to understand me. So far I am loving it but I kind of miss my M40xs xD

lol I ordered the cb-1s with a dac ( Syba sonic) and I’m in love. Now, what you’re saying is upgrade and get the coolermasters? worth the upgrade? I’m about to pull the trigger. lol

I have not tried or heard the sound of the CB-1s since it’s rare to find some sellers here that sells Status products. Care to tell me on how they sound like? and I can say the Cooler Master MH751 is a damn good one, I admit at first I was not a fan of its sound when I first put it on my head and back then I had an M40x, but now I am loving the sound of it and it grew on me overall.

They are more like the m40x with more soundstage and a bit less even then the m40x. I would personally prefer the m40x with different pads over the status, but it is pretty good for the price

I see, yeah same as well with the pads changed on the M40x. Once the pads were changed to a softer foam and material it is an overall game changer. I still love the M40xs

Thanks a lot for the reply, i’ll stick to the cb-1s for now untill something better comes out.

What do you guys think about the SIVGA SV006?

There already is better out there, just depends on what you are looking for

The sivga 006 is pretty nice with a v shaped signature thats pretty intimate

Dammit! I loved these cans! Z didn’t overstate how awesome they are… except…

One month into owning them the right screw holding the cup started stripping away. Didn’t think too much of it, it actually eased the clamp so… win? But then I saw online some other folk were experiencing this issue and got a little worried.

Well, 2 months of pretty light use and the cup came off entirely. Can’t even get to the screw because of how the cup is positioned.

So watch out for this, guys. Really loved these and don’t really need the mic so might go for the Pro82s instead.

If you see that screw coming out, it’s the beginning of the end!

1 Like

Well due to that statement and regards of the cups and the clamping, I have been much careful with mine lately than ever. Also I love the ear pads from these, it is a 10x better than my previous headphones that I own in terms of comfort which is the M40x and it is so comfortable that there are times that these headphones are like they were never on my head and Zeos is right about that. Also, sorry to hear that yours broke and it must have been an overall good cans for you to use in a daily basis, because I always use the MH751s every time as well. Also the mic from these, are pretty good for I am usually skeptical about gaming headset mics in general and man these are no crap.

Is everyone having the issue on the right earpiece ? If yes i might rethink my choice about buying them, i don’t want to refund after 2 months…There is probably a way to fix it right ?