🔷 Cooler Master MH751 / 752

Well so far I am not having any issues with it and it is doing me great, perhaps it’s the wire that you need to move a bit on the wire socket of the headphones. Or perhaps an aux cable that is 3.5mm male to male with a 4 pin might help alleviate that problem, and to be honest that is actually the first time I heard a problem with those headphones if the problem still persists you might want to get a replacement, perhaps a defective model.

I don’t have them yet so i can’t try but i plan to buy, and since i heard about this issue from multiples sources i was kinda worried

No issues with mine, but I will say I have kinda babied them after seeing the reported issues

1 Like

The exact same thing happened to me and it pulled the wire that runs through the headband out too so I had a cup hanging by a thin wire with no way to push the wire through and no way to reinsert the screw.

I think CM need to work on a way to prevent the cups from turning all the way which releases the screw.

So frustrating because I got them for AU$66 on special and they sounded amazing!

I’m now looking at more expensive alternatives such as the Audio Technical ATH-G1.

Hmmm, if might MH751s break down as the reports say. I might as well return to my M40xs if that will happen. So far though, no issues for me.

Mine have no issues either, but I am weary now

Well all things break, but as long as we take care of it as much as we can then there are no worries.

1 Like

Yeah, I have always been careful of my older hifiman and the x00 headbands just to make sure lol

1 Like

My only wish is that Rtings measure them so that Jaakko at AutoEq could put out EQ settings. They’re super comfortable, have nice isolation and sound, but I really like the frequency response that AutoEQ provides.

Did anyone notice any crosstalk issues with these? I read something about it and that person said there are a lot of people who have the issue but I haven’t found many other reviews complaining about this.
Looking for a closed back headset for when my girlfriend is watching annoying tv programs in the living room while I am there too, a mic would be preferred but only if it’s detachable. Looking at the MH752 since it’s 10eur more expensive but it’s in stock.

1 Like

I didn’t. I have the mh751 and it’s pretty good for the price. And very comfortable.

2 Likes

How do these compare to the newer MH630 and MH670? (not interested in MH650)

Where can I buy a replacement cable that’d fit the MH751? It has a weird locking connector

The cable’s fine (other than the potentiometer) but it’s too short for my desk.

I used this one here: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N6E6KBZ

It’s just small enough to fit inside.

As an aside - this is one of the times that I don’t really “get” it. I know these are rebranded Takstar Pro 82s, but I needed a new gaming headset and after Z and other’s rave reviews I got these.

They’re… good. I mean, I don’t hate them, but I was really underwhelmed after how much Z hyped these as the “best closed-back under $200”. They are very comfortable though.

3 Likes

Well, actually, I do believe they’re the best closed-back for the price range (they’re like $70-80)

One of the best under a $100 yes. Under $200 is pushing it.

A good cable replacement?
Non braided.

Also any good Peace settings?

Depends on where you live. I bought a basic rubber cable with very thin ends, I can send you a link but it’d be pointless unless you live in the Netherlands. Make sure it has the extra pin for the mic though.

I don’t care about the mic I have a USB mic, I live in Italy.
I don’t know you but when I turn the volume all up on the cable my left ear cup sounds more quite that the right one so I have to go back a little for them to sound even.