Crin's Tribrid Shootout

Yes, the timbre and coherency is the reason why I take the Oxygen 10/10 over the B2.

Yeah, it’s one of the reasons I’ll pick oxygen for the collection, most likely. Seems that an upgrade to oxygen is on tribid/kilobuck level atm

Tribrids cant really match a single DD in timbre/coherency.

So for an upgrade, you would want a single DD.
Which is definitely kilobuck level from what I have seen so far.

Maybe the Turii

1 Like

It might be wise of me then to stay away from hybrids and BA’s in the future since it seems I am sensitive to it and I can barely fund this hobby anyway. I might have to sell the FH3 and find a really good DD… FD5 maybe, as an affordable option?

I meant price level, not quality level.

We’re prolly talking about Illumination/IE900/Turii, which is on the high ends.

Tribids help with Treble timbre tho, at least in my experience. I think you have to climb a lot to find good timbre IEMs without DD/Full BA

Mele > Oxygen. Skip FD5 unless you have a death-by-treble-wish

1 Like

Or a planar??? :grin:

Oh, hahaha, ok

I don’t fully agree with this. There’s good BA implementations… My favourite IEM is Mangird Tea and it’s a 1DD+6BA. Single DDs have their advantages, yes, but more drivers also bring out some other stuff to the table.

2 Likes

DD timbre is still the best, if you want a natural iem. They do struggle with treble-extension though usually…

1 Like

yeah, 100% agree. There seems to also be incredible diminishing returns on single DDs. Like you have to pay a lot to move up from a certain bracket

Not sure I would mind a little treble loss… I love my MH1 anyway and my “dark” AQ Nighthawks…

Indeed.

Although I wish to see companies using full range DD´s and then letting sonion ESTs take care of the upper-treble (10k+) since that is where DDs stumble at.

1 Like

Yes. 1 or 2 dd + 4 Est :smiley:

You would only need a big DD and then 2 or 4 ESTs.

Or you can do the Z1R way, and use a full range DD and then a smaller tweeter DD for the upper-treble.
(skipping the BA though.)

2 Likes

CCA NRA is an interesting test IEM for the DD + EST combo. I have one ordered and Riku is getting one as well.

1 Like

Rikudou_Goku collaboration IEMs when???

Yeah, I was thinking about Z1R. But take out BA, put in ests, better shell. Pffft i’d be happy

1 Like

2 ways to do it IMO.

DD + EST

or

DD + tweeter DD

1 Like

DD and planar wouldn’t be able to fit together, right?