Custom cable gallery

I love that amp, I have absolutely no desire to upgrade it - it cost me a small fortune in relative terms to import to the UK back when I really couldn’t afford it, so it will remain with me forever.

And yeah, it’s under the desk in a hard-to-reach place, so I leave it switched on at the PSU and added a small click switch to the power cable length which I then have poking out of the desk just out of shot.

2 Likes

Nice, it’s a pretty great piece of kit

1 Like

Just saw this. Tin the wire and the connector, then u just shove the tinned wire into the tinned connector and apply heat again, will weld the 2 joints together

1 Like

6 Likes

Got my custom cable for my focal clear in a while back, love the way it looks.

14 Likes

Just got some pictures in from CapistranoCables of my completed cable I asked him to build for my Eikon.

Looks pretty sick, should arrive early next week!

10 Likes

Nice! Jason is the man! He’s making me a black and copper one now for my aeon 2s. Can’t wait

1 Like

Sadly he was out of copper when I got my one for Aeolus but the silver looks very nice anyway. They’re very light and flexible too. You’ll love it.

1 Like

yeah I waited a week and a half for him to get the material in lol I really wanted a all copper cable for my Eikon. Glad to hear that its flexible and not too heavy, looking forward to putting it through it’s paces once it arrives.

Yeah it’s worked great for me. I’m not the guy to say that it changes the sound or anything but it feels quality, it’s light, the minixlr he uses at the y isn’t too heavy, and it gives a clean connection. Are you planning on getting a more mains or y’s? I went all out and got 3 ys and a 4.4 main. Now I got the dca y coming with a 1/4 inch main. I’m definitely not done either lol. Very reasonably priced I think too.

2 Likes

We’ll see. depending on how much I like it I very well may buy some more. I really like the concept of doing the mini xlr at the Y split compared to what HAC does. While Hart definitely has him beat on affordability, for a hand braided cable like this the price is definitely a value and you don’t have to wait a month plus to get your cable. honestly if HAC didn’t have the huge backlog I probably would not have reached out to Jason.

Also this was a way to resist spending a ton of money on the ZMF 2K copper cable I’ve been dreaming about… I was real close to pulling the trigger on it a while back, but that’s a lot of $$$ for a cable

1 Like

Yeah hart has quite the wait ha. I had Jason swap the minixlrs on mine to work with hart and have some 4 ft and 2.5 ft mains in black coming from hart someday. So I’ll have some extra mains laying around but that’s fine ha. But yeah the mains are kinda pricey but there’s definitely more work going into the custom braids. Beats the 500 dollar custom cables I always see ha. And I kinda prefer the y splits because I can just leave the top half connected to my headphones when they’re hung up.
Without the cable all of over my desk.

My plan is to have them all done one day haha. One day…

5 Likes

Yeah the Zmf cables are beautiful but super pricey. All braided cables are pretty expensive. His are cheaper than most I see.

Once the 1/4 inch is in then I’ll hook the other ys I have to the cans ha. I only have the 4.4 for now.

Are your AKG K7XXs moded for balanced use? One of the main advantages of using the connector in the orientation that I did @Towa 's cable is that it plugs directly into the AKG after the mod. I can do the mods too! I haven’t added my IEM cables to the Etsy site, but I can do those as well. Here is a custom short 24" hand-braided MCMX (no connectors at the “y”) I made for a customer to use with his ES100. Wanted to keep it for my Fiio BTR5! It’s a great length for the tiny balanced Bluetooth DACs…

3 Likes

LOL I was gonna ask you about IEM cables, guess that answers my question. Looks awesome.

They’re just regular. I’m not too concerned with a cable for them since they only go into the one amp. They are powered well at all off of any portable gear haha.

Done with your new cable, really liking the color combo. I blacked out the connectors where normally silver would show through as much as possible…It’ll go out to you tomorrow!

15 Likes

Ahhhhhhh it’s so pretty. I can’t wait! :grimacing::+1:

1 Like