🔷 Dan Clark Audio Aeon 2 (MrSpeakers)

Yeah I’m guessing the “European batch” isn’t huge and also taking it with a grain of salt. But I did see it demonstrated on the open version and they told me DCA was aware of the issue. Don’t know anything else and hope they get it sorted out soon. But pretty sad I wasn’t able to listen to them.

I’ve been looking at the elegia too. On Amazon for 680. Both have pros and cons. Aeon maybe more fun? Elegia more neutral? Hear elegia has more bass tho… More decisions. Wish I was close to a place to audition.

for long listening sessions the Elegia wins - I hate hot ears
portabilty and isolation - DCA is in his own league

the rest is preferences and “very” metallic is a bit … yeahh preferences and chain - with the xDSD, I love my Focal

hope to get tomorrow the chance to listen to the Aeon 2 C at my local dealer.
I have a day off and will take my Elgia+ ifi xDSD with me.
I plan to give the “v2” RME ADI 2 a bit of quality time before I pull the trigger

2 Likes

The Aeon 2 are not basslight and has more bass then Elegia. Aeon 1 Closed is quite basslight.

2 Likes

I agree with this, I do prefer the bass on the aeon 2, and with something like the idsd micro bl, bass can be very fun lol

2 Likes

Probably wait to see the price come down on the aeon 2 closed. Elegia on Amazon atm for $580 is tempting tho. But I still think I’ll enjoy the aeon more with the isolation and portability.

1 Like

very nice build and as awaited top comfort
had a few minutes A/B/C with the Elegia and the “old” Mr Speakers and did really like it a lot

2 Likes

How did you like it vs the elegia?

Resolve and other reviews on headphone.com makes me think I’ll like the elegia more with the high praise.

This one comes down to preference tbh, they are both pretty great but it really depends on what you are looking for

1 Like

:grimacing:

19 extra characters

1 Like

Which one is more comfortable? I know the aeon is about 100 grams lighter.

To me the aeon fits my head better, gives my ears more room, and the clamp is better, so aeon wins for comfort and design for me. Also the fact that it folds too makes them more portable

1 Like

it really is
I use the Elegia every day for long periods and chose it over the older version “Mr Speaker” AEON C
I would decide again for the Focal, because of the sound and the long time comfort (the pads don´t let my ears get hot over hours). It is still more open sounding and feeling.

with the Dan Clark Audio AEON 2 C you get best isolation and portabilty like nothing else with a fun sound. A tighter stage. Perfect for commuting

1 Like

Yeah both have their places in my collection. I was going to sell the elegia, and then taking both on a trip I realized that I value both tbh

1 Like

Thanks to @M0N, I’m now craving these! haha

Are the VIVA cable upgrade even worth considering?

2 Likes

It’s actually pretty good stock, I personally would just keep it tbh. Also as an aside the elegia cable is ass though

2 Likes

Well judging from the Elex cable, I wouldn’t expect anything spectacular coming from Focal!
(Hello Periapt Cable!)

1 Like

How are these for mixing?

Actually pretty decent imo, fairly neutral and accurate

Nice! How’s the bass compared to ESP 95x?