šŸ”· Dan Clark Audio Aeon 2 (MrSpeakers)

why I dont say stuff like that cause I know Im not gonna keep that promise

2 Likes

To br fairā€¦ He probably wont actually get them until the year rolls over, given the wait times. Lol

but the money still still processed within the year

That was broken after the ibasso purchase lol

2 Likes

and the diana v2 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

lol true . you get the new DAP or was it an IEM?

It was the sr1 since I got a super good deal on it

Ooh the one with the cool driver would love to read what you think when you get them

Good enough for now

1 Like

Anyone compared these to the Elegia? Also, is there any special reason for why these are not talked more about here other than being fairly new? Would love to read impressions of them.

I might end up selling my elegia because of these lol

1 Like

Elegia has better dynamics, and also slightly better detail retrieval. When it comes to FR and timbre the Aeon 2 Closed is better. Eleiga has a very metallic timbre. Elegia also does not fit my head, and does not have enough clamping pressure for my head. The clamping pressure on the Eleiga is not very linaer. They might have more clamping pressure depending on your head size. Clamping pressure remains the same on the Aeon 2 regardless of head size it seems.

1 Like

Honestly depending on the amp I think the Aeon 2 might have more detail retrieval, but I agree the elegia is more dynamic

Resolve just released his review on these. Overall very positive. He seems to prefer the Elegia a bit more, but he feels it comes down to preference.

1 Like

I havenā€™t watched his review but I agree that the elegia vs aeon 2 closed comes down to your preferences. I may have said recently that I might sell the elegia but after taking both of them on my ongoing business trip I really think that both have their place, it just depends on what you prefer

1 Like

Oh noooooes. I finally was able to make my way to a shop (1 trip over the Atlantic sea) which supposedly carries these but when I turned up they told me the whole European batch was faulty (plugs coming out) and they had to send them all back. Oh man Iā€™m pretty bummed outā€¦ Just my luck. I was able to compare the Elegia and Aeon Closed 1 though, but that wasnā€™t really any contest. The Elegia is a bad ass though.

Has anyone else had any problems with the plugs coming loose?

I havenā€™t had that issueā€¦ no Iā€™m a bit worried lol

The guy in the shop showed on an open version demo unit, the plug just came out when he twisted the cable :confused:

No issues with mine thus far. Thankfully Iā€™m in Orange County, CA so if I do have a problem DCA is only an hour and a half south. Hopefully this is just an isolated thingā€¦ although having issues with a whole batch is a bit disconcerting (assuming the shop staff was correct).

Yeah I think I got mine early enough where there isnā€™t an issue, but you never know lol