What did you buy today? (Part 1)

Nah, its a matter of design, aesthetic and profile more than cost (since 90 percent of people don’t know the price of what you wear). Pro headphones are made generally without any focus on look or appeal so they are largely indistinguishable from fugly 40 dollar closed backs you get off amazon to the untrained eye.

you too? i could make a pretty good profit on cardboard and manila envelope recycling

1 Like

That looks like the coolest set of headphones i have ever seen. I’m gonna buy them. not to listen to. just to frame them and put them on my wall. look at those! its looks like something out of a 1930’s flash gordon serial! wow

Lol they do look pretty strange. The build is pretty good too. Just look around for a deal

how do they sound?

I don’t have them yet so I will go off of memory (although it has been a while). So they are actually pretty amp dependent and will change a fair bit from the amp and source. Overall it’s got a more relaxed signature that is warm but ends up not really being bassy which is kinda strange. Not as wide sounding as you think, and honestly reminds me of the timbre of a planar at times. It’s a strange headphone, just make sure you have a good amp. Personally at 500 bucks I don’t know if I would buy them, but at the 300 range I would for sure. It’s just something different, kinda like how the nighthawks have a fairly unique signature (although they don’t sound like the nighthawks)

So it is a given that I recently bought the BLON BL03s and the Topping NX3s, the next ones that I will buy soon are the Spinfit ear tips. As much as I love the Comply foams the durability of those are my main concern about it and 2 pairs have already broken down, and I have heard good things about Spinfit so far.

1 Like

I got a pair of Spinfits from 11/11 sale and immediately switched back to my foam tips. If you like foam tips, I don’t think spinfits are the fix.
If you still want to try them, I would size down. They were larger than I thought.

I can switch to foam tips but Comply is just too expensive for me and also the fact that the durability issue from those makes me not want to get those. for now, I will give the Spinfits a try and to see how it will be helpful for me.

Sucks x2… I still mostly use them as they fit me best and are super comfortable…INAIRS AIR2’s are a tad cheaper and the next best fit and comfort wise for me :+1:

1 Like

if only there are like foam tips that are durable, maybe there is but I am not just looking hard enough and I am not sure if there is even an INAIRS here.

1 Like

I like the Campfire Audio Marshmallow Foams they have been holding up well for me

Half sized equipment rack should be arriving soon, i had a friend send me something from his IT shop, I’ve let this get completely out of hand…

2 Likes

I knew I would see you back here soon… Welcome back

2 Likes

See you again in this thread

2 Likes

I hope spinfits work for you. They just felt like a more expensive version of stock tips to me. New Bees ended up working well and they are cheap enough to stock load on them.

My Topping MX3 arrived already…

8 Likes

Got this today, finally. Cannot wait on what difference can make it for me in terms of sounds.

5 Likes

Not exactly audio, but bought two tickets for Tampere Rockfest for 350 bucks :smiley:

1 Like

Ordered long time ago but finally arrived.

And some INAIR and Okuli foam tips.

The INAIR are very sticky, but the Okuli match my ears better.
These are my first foam tips, seal is definitely better than silicone, curious how long they last.

3 Likes