🔷 Dan Clark Audio Aeon 2 Noire

This is the official thread for the Dan Clark Audio Aeon 2 Noire

This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• Type: Over Ear
  • Amp needed: Yes
  • Closed Back

:red_circle: Dan Clark Audio Link

[Reviews]

Z Reviews…

dos’r sum pretty headphones folks

1 Like

I was wondering how the bass is on these if anyone’s had them.

i’d say it’s superb if a speedy delivery is not important to you, very clean and it answers extremely well to a 5db EQ adjustment

i like to describe the bass on these as a transparent glass cup but with no water, it’s clearly there and it is transparent yet it misses the substance that other more dynamic headphones have but it’s very clean, it’s effortlessly delivered but it just isnt a speedy delivery, regardless, i would still consider it one of the better headphones for bass, a lot of people are going to disagree with that because it’s somewhat slow.

i feel like the only headphone ive had that nailed all the aspects of bass was the EMU teak with ebony cups, maybe arya as well but those present the bass very differently to those

Do you think the zen can bass boost could fix those problems?

:cat:hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :cat:

nya nya, tyaa… well if you ask me it’s more pleasant with a bit of boost, wheter or not it’s a substitute/fix for the relatively neutral/soft delivery is errrrr, man, idk, well it is a form of compensating for it i suppose!

at what frequenzy does the zen amp bump the bass and by how much? i would think it’s a shelf boost where it boosts the bass throughout the frequenzy range but idk

1 Like

After the further research, I found this graph.

interesting… i expected the gain to be linerarly applied from 0db up to 120db, i dont know what to think about that, seems like a rather safe boost since the gain at 120hz is so low. i have a 4db gain at 120hz on the Noire and they control it very well with that adjustment

EDIT- i really feel like you want to have a higher boost up at 120hz if you do happen to desire a boost in the first place with these

very interest
i (1)tyr
hmmmmm

1 Like

Has anyone ever gamed on these headphones? Are they a good experience?

I just picked up this set, bought them open box, I really love the look and fit and they really sound great, actually they drive pretty well, I dont find them too dampened - I like them without any of the damping pads, they sound resolving and dynamic and rich to my ears, really isolate sound, feel like they have quite decent sound stage for a closeback, really comfortable and look sharp as hell! They actually play pretty well even using an apple dongle with volume turned way up, making them quite good on the go… They also sound great on my bifrost 2 / burson running with more power… One thing I have noticed on my set though, there is sometimes a little bit of shoutiness and sibilance on S sounds on some female vocals, its not terrible, I still really enjoy the sound and it doesnt bother me too much but wondering if others have experienced this with Aeon 2 / noires?

I am considering trying running them balanced, curious how they scale with even more power

3 Likes

Dan Clark Audio Aeon 2 Noire First Look and Giveaway

1 Like

Can the topping DX5 drive it well enough ??

Check out our latest video comparing the Audeze LCD-2 Closed vs. the DCA Aeon 2 Noire Closed-back headphones!!

1 Like

Only a couple of days left to enter!

1 Like

My Topping NX7 can drive them very well and it has 1.1W@32 Ohms. The DX5 has 1.7W so it should work too

DCA Aeon 2 Noire Closed Back Headphone Giveaway: Saturday, June 18th, 2022 1pm PT.

Live Stream Link, set a reminder!

See you all at 1 pm today!!! Good luck to everyone.

DCA Aeon 2 Noire Closed Back Headphone Giveaway: Saturday, June 18th, 2022 1pm PT.
Live Stream Link, set a reminder!

Can anyone say if these would be a good complement to a pair of Argon T60s? Looking for something warmer/mellower for late night listening.

Haven’t heard the T60s. They have a peak at 12 khz iirc which makes some parts of the music sparkly, if you have a bright source it might be too much depending on how well you hear that frequency, my friend doesn’t hear it as loud as me anymore so he doesn’t care. It also adds a bit of clarity to what I’d consider a fairly smooth sound otherwise.