Dark Voice 336SE alternatives? TOR audio? Little Dot?

I got the Darkvoice and the Topping DAC from that ebay sale. I’m half expecting it to come filled with used pinball parts. The whole commission and assembly portion sound very suspicious.

Ehhhhhhh when they’re also selling fake Gucci and have no returns that doesn’t make me feel like they are legit lol

Also the fact that they just took the listing page from ShenzhenAudio would not lead me to feel they are legit at all lol

Real seller (look at item description):

The one you guys bought from (check item description):

Edit: also most of their recent feedback is on jewelry and loose gemstones lol

yeah, ive kept an eye on it, pretty sure they are fake. At one point they rose the number of available units to like 35… then lowered it again… lol =/
I’ll just have to report it.

I think the main giveaway is that the actual original seller only sold cheap jewery, then all of a sudden a bunch of chifi… So original seller got hacked

Well the whole units available is actually somewhat decided by eBay. They can sometimes use their algorithms to make it seem like there are more available, or to make it seem like they are flying off the shelf (figuratively)

Well they sent me a tracking number already, so I’ll keep an eye on it.

There is a small chance it could be legit, as in China sometimes they run small production efforts in factories when they aren’t supposed (closed, on holiday, or something like that) to for a bit of extra profit and sell the goods off super cheap, but I am still a bit skeptical

You can’t sell original equipment for so cheap. if it’s real then something like buying a bunch of b stock. How would the company be making the product and get any revenue. I stay clear from deals like this. I don’t need a paper weight. So I’d rather spend money on equipment from the manufacture. It’s all about warranty. I guess if there is a lot from this seller it could be b stock. Any ways my Pendant comes next week.

Oh, I totally agree… but $40 was cheap enough to gamble… even for a 1 in 10 chance… haha

Well I hope it works. If it does then you should put everyones fears to rest.

Very well played long-con, or hack like g05 mentioned, but reward far outweighs the risk. They raised the price of the D10 a couple bucks from yesterday so it will be interesting to see what happens. Otherwise we’ll get our money back in December.

1 Like

Lol yeah, hopefully the ebay money back guarantee works in your favor

Lol it’s sold out now, when you guys do get it, be sure to let us know if it’s the real deal, and if not, I wish you a simple money back process

1 Like

Thank, Mon. =) Shouldn’t be an issue, hopefully. Lesson learned on my part, if it turns out to be fake.

oh no, nothing learned on my part. I will always have that desire to run into a crazy great sale on ebay and make out like a bandit! I think we all do.

Thing about the Darkvoice and the reason i want it so bad is its the only tube amp Zeos seems to use. He’s had other more expensive tube amps hes reviewed but why does he only keep the Darkvoice? I want one.

1 Like

He also has the tor roger for is main desk I think. The main thing about most high end tube amps, as once you get higher they sound so good they pretty much sound like solid states, and some people want a tube to transform their sound, and the dark voice is a cheap way to do that for most people, so it makes sense for him to use it for reviews because it’s well known and accessible, and also a good tube amp for the money

Personally, I’m looking at the XDuoo TA-10, or going a bit more with the XDuoo TA-20 paired with a SMSL M300 (maybe throwing in a SMSL SA100 down the line). Though to be honest, yeah, these are hybrids, they shouldn’t wreck havoc on my planers.

This reminds me that there is a Violectric V281 clone out of China.

Interesting. Is it a clone with a different name or is it a full on counterfeit

It’s complete clone but different name.