Dekoni blue vs argon mk3

I just bought dekoni blue for 130 used…but it is uncomfortable on my ears…I’m planning to buy the argon mk3 but it cost 260 used…is the price worth it(sound-wise) or just change the pads of my dekoni

The argon is a upgrade in sound quality, and a slight comfort upgrade because of the comfort strap on the headband. What part is uncomfortable? Is it with the pads or the headband? Does it have to do with your ear touching the driver or is it because of the clamp? The Blues are still solid, especially for that price, and if you already like the sound of the blues, I would just change pads, but if you are looking to an upgrade to that sound, the argons are a great choice

YEaH THE PADS OPENING IS KINDA SMALL FOR MY EARS. I DO LIKE THE WAY THEY SOUND ESPECIALLY WITH MY MAYFLOWER ARC AMP/DAC. INTERESTING THAT THE ARGON CAN DO SOUND BETTER EVEN THEY HAVE SAME BASE DRIVER

Its all about the modding and tuning of the driver. That can drastically change the sonic properties and the overall quality of the sound. Obviously they can’t overcome the laws of physics, so you can only get it so far, but there are lots of things you can do to a headphone to change the ways it can sound.

If the opening is too small, you could look for a pad with a larger opening. What headphones do you own/ have tried? (so I might be able to figure out what might fit your ear)

1 Like

my headphones are.
M1060
HD 6XX
HD 630VB

THEY ALL VERY COMFORTABLE ON MY EARS

Well then if you like the blues, you could get different pads and fix that issue, but if I recall correctly, it will effect the sound a fair bit because dekoni designed them with their own pads in mind. If you want better comfort overall, the argons might fix that issue. Since I have only heard the blues, I can’t really recommend different pads because I don’t know what they would do to the sound

Edit: Perhaps you could squeeze zmf ori pads on there since it’s a pad for their t50 mod?

ye I’m thinking the same thing ty for the help appreciate it…i will prob get some cheap pads to try the sound…then get some really good ones

Did your pair come with both the velour and hybrid pads? The velour pads have a larger opening than the hybrid and feel really nice. To my ears, anyway.

In terms of frequency response and the amount of effort put into the Blues, they are a pathetic headphone. The only difference between the dekoni Blue and a stock t50rp is the colour and pads. That’s literally it.

Even if it was just a pad and color change (it’s not) it’s still a great deal. $110 of the $180 price is for two very nice pads.

I mean yeah, sometimes you can even find them cheaper then actual t50’s

Yup. They treated the internal baffle. Which in terms of adjustments isn’t numerically “a lot”, but it’s definitely not nothing. And yes, 2 nice sets of pads that present 2 different sound signatures. The Blues are good deal. And I agree if one picks them up for critical listening they’re likely to be disappointed. To my ear, the HD6xx is more accurate and revealing at that price point. But for straight up fun without anything sounding distractingly bad? The Blues win, IMO.

1 Like

HOLY SHTTTT !!! I bought these pads for my dekoni blue

the harsh treble I got from hybrid (default) pads GONE…and the bass omg way better. When I got my argon(6 more weeks lol) I will compare those with these. then i gonna sell the loser t50rp mod

1 Like

Well that’s good that you like them now

What type of pads did you get with the argons?

Zmf protein. I like protein pads the most

Perfect. I think the protein pads are the best for the argons. I hope you have a good experience with those as well

1 Like

I’m curious about how these pads compare to the velour pads. You mentioned the default angled pads on the Blues and how these are better. How does the sound compare to the velours?

the velours bring out the mids a little bit better with less bass.i don’t like the 2 default pads TBH…there’s a certain rap song that got some 8khz peak that hurt my ears…
on their website says they designed that pads to “fatigue peak” go away not really.
protein pads are just heaven on t50rps

I’ve been thinking of buying a pair of Fostex headphones. From what I hear, especially from Z, the Argon’s mk 3 are the best. Z just raves about them. But I heard that they take a long time to deliver. Does anyone know how long exactly?

Because of this I was thinking of getting the Dekoni Blue which I hear are the next best thing to the Argons. How much better is the sound of the Argon’s to Dekoni Blue?

It took around 12 weeks to get mine after I ordered